Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:08:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Resources
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Resources  (Read 53261 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2009, 12:53:01 AM »

I updated the organized list again:

http://www.derekyu.com/tigs/assemblee/

Still got a few pages to go, though.  So much great work!
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2009, 02:37:29 AM »

I updated the organized list again:

http://www.derekyu.com/tigs/assemblee/

Still got a few pages to go, though.  So much great work!

I hadn't seen many of these assets and some of them are quite inspiring - I feel like it might be cool to have more time for part 2 so that people can get started on new projects now that the list is coherent and available? Plus what with the holiday season, people might have less time to work on stuff being away etc. Just a thought...

Kyliroth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2009, 05:31:38 AM »

Closest sounding sound effects to rain that I have heard is feeblethemighty's hiss and beach SFX (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8963.0)and my own Computer Static SFX (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9048.0 in  the 505 pack).

Thankyou, much appreciated!

Where can the wind SFX be found?  Thanks.

I found wind here from John Nesky::
thread: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9321.0
sound: http://johnnesky.com/assemblee_assets/shaktool_yowzer_wind_howling.wav

Thanks again for your help Smiley

- Kyliroth -

- no -
NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »

The files from my zip are missing.  Undecided

Dragondot 2 is out now! Go get it!
nunix
Level 1

This space intentionally left blank.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2009, 08:06:56 PM »

Yeah.. not only is mine missing the files from the zip (which is probably 90% of my stuff, due to playing with layered images), there's also an issue with all of mine being black line drawings.. on the page's black background. -.- The only stuff that shows up are examples/mockups. =/

Really would've rathered just having a couple of volunteers write one- or two-line summaries of what each thread contained, maybe show a couple of sample images, and link to the threads. Browsing all of them in one go is a nice idea maybe doesn't work so well in practice.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:10:53 PM by nunix » Logged

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »

The files from my zip are missing.  Undecided
It looks like some download links are not displayed.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »

Is there any weather sounds, such as rain?? Can't seem to find any...

(found wind)

Thanks for any help.
Well, as far as rain goes, I searched around a little bit, no luck.  Sad 
Closest sounding sound effects to rain that I have heard is feeblethemighty's hiss and beach SFX (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8963.0)and my own Computer Static SFX (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9048.0 in  the 505 pack).

Ocean Waves, thunder, and animal SFX can be found in my SFX pack.
feeblethemighty's got some birds and beach SFX.
There are probably others too.

Where can the wind SFX be found?  Thanks.
I have a wind SFX in my thread too, that I guess could sound kind of like rain if you just looped the loud parts.

http://timeforcute.com/cute/2009/11/wind-or-waves.mp3

hi
shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2009, 12:55:24 AM »

I need to re-find an asset that I lost Sad
Does anyone know who produced a set of silhouette character/monsters, black with red eyes? They were about 16x16 or 32x32 I think, some animated.

I'm starting to wonder if I imagined them... can't find them in the zip or Derek's WIP organised page.

Anyone got any idea?

Oopsie! Forum search found it. If you're curious, it was by Cosmic Fool

Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2009, 01:26:59 AM »

Browsing all of them in one go is a nice idea maybe doesn't work so well in practice.

I don't know, I've found some stuff I wouldn't have seen and considered using just by looking down the big collection page. Mostly little things on the sides of a different kind of tileset - like, maybe I scroll past DBB's collection and notice that the pimp-your-mech sheet he did has liveried shields that I could use as faction markers that I hadn't noticed before... if someone gave a textual description of DBB's stuff it would probably read something like "square-tile world tilesets for island, dungeon and caves, with various bushes and houses and railway tracks; miner, fighter, wizard and mech pilot animated characters; eight-directional armoured car, mine cart, mech; multi-part build-a-mech parts; explosions; fantasy pickups such as gems, potions, weapons and armour", and I'd never have considered it.

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »

...I'd never have considered it.
I'd never have read it all.   Big Laff

hi
Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »

Bah!!!! My art is taking up an absurdly large amount of space on the Assembleech GFX with progress versions Embarrassed .  If I remove all the progress junk besides the final images in the first post will that fix it, or is it too late?  Let me know if there's something I can do that will help reduce my noise.

Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2009, 07:33:41 AM »

just wondering...is there a graveyard tile...or anything like that...

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »

I have a couple graves on my tilesheet but they're pretty tiny.

hi
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2009, 01:59:22 PM »

Quick question: Is it OK to mix stereo music down to mono?
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »

Quick question: Is it OK to mix stereo music down to mono?
I think that would count as changing format, so yeah probably it's ok.

hi
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2009, 01:30:32 PM »

Bah!!!! My art is taking up an absurdly large amount of space on the Assembleech GFX with progress versions Embarrassed .  If I remove all the progress junk besides the final images in the first post will that fix it, or is it too late?  Let me know if there's something I can do that will help reduce my noise.

I believe this would work, as the Assembleech reads links and shows them on screen.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
RodrigoCard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2009, 07:46:19 AM »

Does someone else did a pack for all music (torrent or archive) ?  Hand Metal Left

i downloaded the one that was posted here, but half of the files are corrupted even after combining the 7z files.

I got some other music in forum posts, but i will probably miss something  Sad
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:01:52 AM by RodrigoCard » Logged
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »

Bah!!!! My art is taking up an absurdly large amount of space on the Assembleech GFX with progress versions Embarrassed .  If I remove all the progress junk besides the final images in the first post will that fix it, or is it too late?  Let me know if there's something I can do that will help reduce my noise.

I believe this would work, as the Assembleech reads links and shows them on screen.

I didn't want to update the leech, because last time it took me three days before i got it to work, but since there's such demand, I will do this tonite and leave a notice when it's done.

Sorry for not doing this before, but cold days created innumerable tasks for me, including hard-mode Engine Starting, and time-attack Coal Delivery.

EDIT: I did it!!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 11:41:22 AM by Sos » Logged

Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »

Dang, I was in the middle of a move and didn't get the links taken down.  Well, they are down now so if there's a need for another refresh of the leech then it will happen then.

Bob le Moche
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »

So is there a final word on procedural content? I'm thinking of maybe using procedural sound for simple bleeps and bloops, but I'd find another way if there is any possibility of frowning being done upon it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic