Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:52:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Assemblee: Part 2!  (Read 50689 times)
Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2009, 02:56:40 PM »

Is it allowed to take a single frame of a character, unmodified, and map it on to rectangles for each of a character's limbs for skeletal animation if they dont give enough animations?

I think so...

I think most things are ok, aa long as you dont create new assets

Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 03:53:34 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

Is it allowed to take a single frame of a character, unmodified, and map it on to rectangles for each of a character's limbs for skeletal animation if they dont give enough animations?

I think so...

I think most things are ok, aa long as you dont create new assets

That would be great.  DO IT.

-PENCERKOFF

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 04:54:41 PM »

Yeah who cares if it is allowed? that would be so great Tears of Joy

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

Go right ahead. Seems like an awesome way to use the assets.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Levirules
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 06:45:14 AM »

So, even though there's only a very small chance I'd make anything for this competition (I never finish my own games, so I should probably keep working on my current project instead...), I'm slightly interested.  I browsed through the Part 1 stuff, and I couldn't find any decently organized archive of all the assets.  When it's too much work just to find all of the assets, entering is out of the question for me. 

So my question is did anybody zip all of the assets? I saw the browser, I saw the organizer (with the black background), but it didn't organize them into a usable fashion for me.  A big zip would be so much more helpful, cause I'd rather browse by file type.

Oh, and first post on TigSource ^_^  Been reading the site for a long time.
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »

So, even though there's only a very small chance I'd make anything for this competition (I never finish my own games, so I should probably keep working on my current project instead...), I'm slightly interested.

DO IT, compos are like, only chances for many ppl to make a finished game. Be it yours as well

zacaj
Level 3

void main()

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 09:41:22 AM »

Levirules: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzj5y2wdyeh/Assemblee%20Art%20Assets.zip

My twitter: @zacaj_

Quote from: mcc
Well let's just take a look at this "getting started" page and see--
Download and install cmake
Noooooooo
Eraser
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2009, 06:54:16 PM »

So, even though there's only a very small chance I'd make anything for this competition (I never finish my own games, so I should probably keep working on my current project instead...), I'm slightly interested.

DO IT, compos are like, only chances for many ppl to make a finished game. Be it yours as well
Yeah, without any kind of deadline (even from prizeless competitions), I won't get a thing done.
Levirules
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2009, 03:59:21 PM »

tytyt!!1

And, maybe I'll give it a shot, though it'll probably be a low-fi shmup or something unoriginal  XD
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2009, 12:34:17 PM »

A question for the organizers:

Can we fix aliasing issues at the file level? Some assets from part 1 were rendered with magic pink aliased in to the sprite area, resulting in a pink halo for people using non alpha layer rendering.

I think most of us will do this anyway, but an official thumbs up would be nice.

I can probably fix this programatically, but it would be a lot of trial and error with thresholds and pixel analysis.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2009, 08:23:57 PM »

Can we fix aliasing issues at the file level? Some assets from part 1 were rendered with magic pink aliased in to the sprite area, resulting in a pink halo for people using non alpha layer rendering.

Quote from Melly's edit/rules:
- It's perfectly fine to do these changes to assets:

* Adding a transparency layer or changing the background of a sheet to magic pink or whatever other color your engine uses for transparency. Do this ONLY on parts of the sheets that are obviously meant to be transparent.

* Converting files in ways that do not alter the visual quality of the assets. You can, for example, change GIF's to PNG's, but you cannot do stuff like changing a true-color PNG to a 256-color GIF as that would visibly change the colors and quality of the asset. Same goes for audio assets and 3D file formats. You can also transform font images provided into TTF's or another font format of your choice.
Hope this answers your question.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2009, 07:38:56 AM »

I'm pretty sure the general rule of thumb is:

As long as it doesn't alter the artist's idea of the asset it's OK to do it. Just have fun and don't be an ass about the compo and all is good.
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2009, 07:57:25 AM »

I have two questions.
- Am I allowed to use fonts not made for this contest, but are similar or identical to the ones made for this contest? (The fonts I'm currently using that were made for the contest become extremely blurry when scaled).

- Can I use images that were not made for this contest (such as a very low res still sprite) if I generate it during runtime by drawing rectangles?
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »

I have two questions.
- Am I allowed to use fonts not made for this contest, but are similar or identical to the ones made for this contest? (The fonts I'm currently using that were made for the contest become extremely blurry when scaled).

- Can I use images that were not made for this contest (such as a very low res still sprite) if I generate it during runtime by drawing rectangles?
As far as fonts I think we're stuck with either what was made for the compo, or standard system fonts.

Anything graphically generated during runtime is fine.

hi
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »

But it's cheating Tongue You could make a game like that using no assets at all...

necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2009, 01:10:49 PM »

But it's cheating Tongue You could make a game like that using no assets at all...
Well it's just one small sprite and it's something that I need that nobody created. I hope it won't be too much of a problem.

Also, as for standard windows fonts - Would terminal/fixedsys be allowed?
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »

Someone should make a game made entirely out of one single asset...

hi
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2009, 11:53:28 PM »

It is called a jigsaw puzzle. Or something to that effect. I love games where by clearing the board I expose an attractive specimen of the other gender.
KittenEater
Level 1

NYEEEAAUUUGH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2009, 08:12:44 AM »

Maaan, I had a dream last night where I was making an awesome little game for Assemblee part 2 in Game Maker. Unfortunately, I can't remember what kind of game it was or how I was making it, so I can't remake that game in real life. And then nearly all of my memories of that dream were replaced by memories of the next dream I had, which involved a giant spider biting me and me unable to figure out how to turn off the stove.

Stupid dream remembering brain rules. I wanted to make that game. :<

EEEEEEEGH
Ashkin
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2009, 01:29:28 PM »

which involved a giant spider biting me and me unable to figure out how to turn off the stove.

Maybe that's what the game was about Who, Me?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic