Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:17:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2ro9 [Finished]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: ro9 [Finished]  (Read 48648 times)
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 12:40:39 AM »

Sweet  Smiley I'm so happy you used the world tiles so well with animated torches, windows, and themed creatures etc - Really makes me wish you'd make a regular rpg/roguelike with 1 view after the comp Smiley
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 05:07:01 AM »

I kind of figured it was like that.

hi
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »

I rather enjoyed this, essentially I was mostly wandering about at random but there were some tactics in making sure people weren't just sitting against walls or being hit from behind. Fun stuff.

jamatthews
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »

This game is possibly the most ridiculous one I've played yet for this competition.

I LOVED IT.   Wink
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 05:25:17 PM »

Liked: This is brilliant! I like everything about this. The concept, the split screen gameplay, the controls, and the choice of assets, I especially like the sound effects. That satisfying 'womp' when going up a level and the way the bosses announce themselves.

Disliked: There's not much to dislike, but if you push me. Having persistent maps with the chance of the rogues meeting up would have been nice, but that's a minor quibble. And maybe individual depth meters, like the level meters, for each rogue.

Conclusion: Great game. I hope you continue with this after the compo and expand it just a little bit more.

KirbyKid
Level 0

How do you game?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »

I loved it.

I wrote a full review of sorts on the game.

http://critical-gaming.squarespace.com/blog/2010/2/18/ro9-5-of-101.html

I consult on, create, critique, and review indie games. How can I help you?
Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 11:58:34 AM »

Thanks (belatedly) for all great comments people.

And that's very cool to read such an in depth analysis, mister critical-gamer. I don't think I could have expressed my own thoughts as well as you had. Will definitely be checking out some more of your blog now.
Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 01:34:17 AM »

The review is probably the best I have read on RO9 and I really recommend its reading if you enjoy the game and also for anyone who didn't try it yet!

And that's very cool to read such an in depth analysis, mister critical-gamer.[...] Will definitely be checking out some more of your blog now.

Kirbykid's blog is one of the best place to read and talk about critical game design with a focus on puzzle-game and platformer.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic