Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:25:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2CAVE EXPLORER
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: CAVE EXPLORER  (Read 17295 times)
Raisins
Level 0

Why hello there I didn't see you come in

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 04:55:30 PM »

sound / feedback for when you do things
oh yeah, that thing.  Cheesy

I make websites on the internet. Some times I do other things.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »

This game has the greatest bug (feature?) I managed to make it to lvl 6 as the social media expert, pushing piles of enemies to the right, and all of a sudden the game broke and I started to level up dozens of levels per second. I shut the game window after I hit level 2000, fearing a catastrophic crash...
HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »

Class: Fire mage
Gold: 1031
Distance: 84
Monsters Killed: 30
Food Eaten: 66

Total Score: 207612

I was doing great, then a slime slimed me for 57 (which killed me, even though I was at nearly full health at level 9 or 10 or something).

Fun little game!
Raisins
Level 0

Why hello there I didn't see you come in

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »

This game has the greatest bug (feature?) I managed to make it to lvl 6 as the social media expert, pushing piles of enemies to the right, and all of a sudden the game broke and I started to level up dozens of levels per second. I shut the game window after I hit level 2000, fearing a catastrophic crash...
that's awesome, how did you make it to level 6? I've never made him to level 3

I was doing great, then a slime slimed me for 57 (which killed me, even though I was at nearly full health at level 9 or 10 or something).
Fun little game!
oh, yeah the slimes have a powerful but slow attack, but a 1 shot is not good.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:40:31 PM by Raisins » Logged

I make websites on the internet. Some times I do other things.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »

I'm not really sure.. I kept pushing right and mashing x+c, though it didn't seem to do anything with the social media expert

I did enjoy the "Goblin has 21 subscribers" bit though, and the "You digg Goblin x times". I work with a number of so-called "Social Media Experts" so I found that particularly humorous.
Linus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 07:15:24 AM »

I had no idea the game was winnable, then I got to a randomly placed goal at distance 45.
Victory!

If you're gonna keep working on this, might I suggest placing pickups as items you can use with X instead of auto-use, to add some kind of strategic element other than holding right and pressing C every now and then?

Linus
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 02:14:25 PM »

This is awesome.  It reminds me of progress quest but it's actually kind of fun to watch/play for a bit.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »

Liked: The boiling down of the genre to the only components any player is interested in, combat and picking up loot.

Disliked: The lack of any real involvement for the player. Also, it was often difficult to tell what was going on, more visual cues would have helped this. Maybe display hit points as a graphical bar below the players feet, and show damage dealt directly in the display instead of above it Shrug.

Conclusion: I can see what you are going for with this one, but it doesn't quite do it for me.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic