Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:00:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2The Birth Of Selthar [FINISHED] (The real title!)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Birth Of Selthar [FINISHED] (The real title!)  (Read 23481 times)
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »

Liked: I admire the ambition of this project, especially given the short time frame of the competition.

Disliked: It took 30 minutes from double clicking the exe to something appearing on the screen. The game then continued to eat my memory until it had consumed all of virtual memory and windows denied it anymore. At one point during the game I picked up an item that gave me +300 damage! After that I waltzed through all the combats until it crashed.

Conclusion: Too blighted by bugs on my rig to be properly playable.

Kyliroth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 09:58:22 AM »

Thanks Oddball for the reply!!! We didn't think anyone would comment.

Yeah, the machines we created it on it didn't take too long to load up at the start so we didn't realise that until we tested on other machines, it was then to late to optimise that much so we jsut concentrated on fixing in-game bugs. It speeds up (slightly) after first load though.

Also the balance is a bit off. We didn't really spend enough time balancing it properly. I think it would've taken too long to balance it properly in the time though.
Some items you gain are random so you were lucky to get that item hahaha.

until it crashed.

And then it crashed... oh!
Sorry you couldn't play it properly, we'll try and optimise it but thanks again for your comments.

- no -
JonRambo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »

The game crashed. I came across it again on my PC, this is the game without the special effect transitions, its not crashed on me yet. Requires about 500MB of free RAM. and runs in a windows of 1024 by 768.

Sadly its a little lacking without the transition effects. I would have to build the HGE game engine myself to figuer the problem and I dont have the time.

Since we're remastering the entire game for iOS and Andriod with new graphics( current graphics under creative commons license ) and altered gameplay ( all new code ) I thought I might make a playable version of the origional version of the game. Though that doesnt mean its easy :D it can be a challange at times. I would say there was about 8 hours of solid gameplay here. As of yet none outside of the dev (and we cheat sumtimes) team has ever finnished the game. So if sum1 does actually play it and finnish it post here to claim your fame and technical details permitting you can beta test our new commercial version if you wanted to.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3931427/SB.zip
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic