Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:10:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2"The Journey", Finished, Bugfix available [20100131]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: "The Journey", Finished, Bugfix available [20100131]  (Read 14209 times)
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 05:41:32 AM »

What heck of a machine do you have? Blazingly fast or slow?

Slow, I guess. It's a Half-Life 2 era gaming laptop.

Endurion
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »

Thanks Smiley
'tis good this happened, I thought this code would be safe and maybe be off +/- 1 pixel at most. Floating point, my arch enemy Wink

I've uploaded a new version, with smoother jump fix and also an short explanation intro and help texts for the save spot and doors. Things I should've thought of in the first place.

The link is the same for 1.1 version.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 07:46:52 AM »

Liked: Good consistant style. Controls worked well enough.

Disliked: What do the rotate buttons do? I couldn't get them to do anything. I came to an area with sideway platforms, but they still didn't do anything! Getting hit once kills me as before I can recover I get hit multiple times more. The jumping creatures were the worst for this, and as sometimes you have to jump down to them before you can shoot them it makes those areas nearly impassable. I had no indication of where to go, this couple with the frustrations mentioned above meant I gave up as I didn't want to explore the levels to find out more.

Conclusion: I found this game very frustrating. It felt like the game was unfairly fighting me every step of the way.

Endurion
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 08:10:45 AM »

It's a normal platformer for a while, the rotation buttons do come in later (after the second boss).

Thanks for the feedback! Wink
Boder
Level 0

Player One

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 11:19:28 PM »

This game could be very frustrating at times. But I liked the main character. The bats are quite unfair, especially when a few of them congregate together and they juggle you in the air.

* SPOILER BELOW *

I got up to the water power-up.

Then I thought it was glitching by moving me back to the start, but I realized I had to choose the right "path". Then I had to use my two crystals to get in the door at the end of the water. So I couldn't flip the world again after I entered the door.
Endurion
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 07:17:26 AM »

Dang. You've come pretty far. You should be able to go back into the water part (and jump up to the water). You're pretty near the end. You're missing a few crystals though (you need all additional 5) or find the endless supply.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic