Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:51:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZlythy Atmospheric/Exploration Game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Zlythy Atmospheric/Exploration Game  (Read 19399 times)
ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »

Here it is, v1.0: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2929782/Install-hmiad_v1.0.zip

I Dream of Ghosts devlogs: Official and Tigsource. Finished game: Super Brick Bros 2: A Machine for Bricks TURBO!
ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »

Now that I'm done with that, I'll get back to work on Zlythy.

I Dream of Ghosts devlogs: Official and Tigsource. Finished game: Super Brick Bros 2: A Machine for Bricks TURBO!
ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »

I've been working on some new Zlythy concepts. You know how art is, soooooo - it's not going to be black and white anymore. It's just to gloomy. I'm in a different place now and that look no longer reflects how I feel. Here they are:

View larger versions on my blog: http://www.ghostwheelgames.com/60422467
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:43:47 PM by ghostwheel » Logged

ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2011, 01:24:16 AM »

WIP asset screenshot for an iOS Zlythy demo:

The models are low poly and the texture low res by necessity. The iPad seems to be able to do 3d graphics of about PS2/Gamecube generation quality. Which isn't a bad thing at all but it's something that you have to keep in mind when developing for the platform.

I'll be attending GDC Europe and the Notgames Fest next week in Cologne, Germany. I hope I can meet some tiggers there. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:37:36 AM by ghostwheel » Logged

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2011, 06:26:17 AM »

this game looks out there

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 07:52:17 AM »

WIP asset screenshot for an iOS Zlythy demo:

The models are low poly and the texture low res by necessity. The iPad seems to be able to do 3d graphics of about PS2/Gamecube generation quality. Which isn't a bad thing at all but it's something that you have to keep in mind when developing for the platform.

I'll be attending GDC Europe and the Notgames Fest next week in Cologne, Germany. I hope I can meet some tiggers there. Smiley
That looks really nice, I can't wait to see what the game itself looks like with the new assets.
knotty spine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »

I just watched

. That in mind,

• I like the B&W.
  • I don't like the name Zlythy.
  • It looks f*cking great! I hope there will be good reason to look around.

Keep it comin.

Animating something like this >> Outraged << would take hours, maybe even days of work.
BitShift
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2011, 11:47:44 AM »

I just watched

. That in mind,

• I like the B&W.
  • I don't like the name Zlythy.
  • It looks f*cking great! I hope there will be good reason to look around.

Keep it comin.

Agreed.  I love the black and white style, but Zlythy sounds like the name of an MMORPG some 12 year old is trying to make over at GameDev.net.
ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2011, 01:02:20 PM »

Thank you both for the input, it's greatly appreciated. However, the b&w is gone. I was in a completely different emotional space back when I started this project. I just can't do it. The name, well I don't have a better name so that's going to stay for now as well. If I come up with something better, I will likely replace it. Smiley

ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2011, 04:58:47 AM »

Heading for GDC Europe Indie Summit today! I'll also be checking out the Notgames Fest at the Cologne Game Lab: bit.ly/qbCLlQ

ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2011, 01:31:03 PM »

My first game vlog in 18 months. Time lapse of asset creation for my iPad app Alien Worlds Explorer:

This is Zlythy related as the app was originally going to be in the game, although in a much less complex form. That simplified version may still make it into Zlythy.

ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2012, 04:18:29 AM »

GhostwheelGames and game projects are suspended indefinitely. Out of money, and time. I tried my best but my best wasn't good enough. It's likely this project will never see the light of day.

ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2013, 10:56:32 AM »

I'm reviving this game. Abandoning Zlythy hurt and I think there is too much potential to leave it unfinished.

So what have I've been doing since I last posted? I wrote and illustrated a book: http://bit.ly/11rwq9u

That's all for now. New Zlythy concept art coming soon!

ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2014, 09:20:54 AM »

Cool Book, great art!

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2014, 09:32:30 AM »

Ty! I might expand on the book at some point.

I'm going to be getting back to this game soon. Though it's not really much of a game. It was conceived of as an exploration game or as some are calling them now, "walk em up". There also seems to be a bit more interest and acceptance of this type of experience, which is encouraging.

ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2014, 09:58:31 AM »

I forgot to post this, some new concept art:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic