Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:11:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Stealth kamo mushroom - Quest for fame
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stealth kamo mushroom - Quest for fame  (Read 2451 times)
Froshin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:48:15 AM »

The "Reddies" and their alliance , ruled by the Red Mushroom named "Mr. BM" (BM as in Boss Mushroom ) has invaded the "Greenies" land, and now owns 2/3 of it! Oh no!

The constant war between the reddies and greenies seems to be getting near an end. The reddies alliances are allmighty and just keep on getting more, no matter how many the greenies have killed.

The greenies only have one option left: To assault their main base and kill the leader. But after 2 tries they give up and start focusing on defense meanwhile they start planning more assaults, and they hope this will help. But the reddies constantly gets stronger and they're loosing hope.

Obiviously they though of infiltrating the reddies, but the spies never returned.
One mushroom named "Pathu", not special trained, however, is able to kamouflage himself.
About all the enemies have this ability, but Pathu is one of the few greenies carrying it.

Pathu is foolish enough to take on the quest himself. He's all up to it, as he wants to end famous. Pathu sets of to an stealth journey, assaulting enemies and avoiding to get noticed, trying to pass through their defenses to reach the target.

This idea might aswell fail, but i'm going to try and do it anyway.  Facepalm
Cause it might actually work out, as long as i give it potential enough. It might aswell be kind of fun... I might add scores and optional stuff that changes gameplay slightly. Eh.  Shrug

Suggestions?

LOG:
December 09, 2009:
-Project restarted from scratch
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:18:49 PM by Froshin » Logged

iGniSz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 01:36:41 PM »

changing the color of the mushroom as a stealth mechanic!! I should have thought of that! A great idea.. do you know "Abe's Exodus"? It somehow reminds me of this mechanic.. it had a shadow based mechanic which was really nice!
Froshin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

Well, since i'm limited to the sprites that'd be an hard thing to do  Shrug
I might instead just make the image partly transparent, that should work fine aswell.

Question here, people;

Should the kamo be limited to use under a time limit and then recharge, or work without needing to recharge but you'll be unable to move meanwhile?

Also, i had some stuff done but i'm probably going to start from scratch. I'm using the same sprites as you, by the way, iGniSz. Good choise. Lol.

By the way, the main character is desperate for fame. That's mainly why he's doing it. Tongue

Galaxy613
Level 1

10,000 Lightyears of Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 12:23:04 PM »

Suggestions? Do it! It sounds like a fun game! Beer!Hand Thumbs Up Right

What are you going to use to make the game?

[ Quest! ] A new year, with new possibilities. [ Follow me on Twitter! ]
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »

Question here, people;

Should the kamo be limited to use under a time limit and then recharge, or work without needing to recharge but you'll be unable to move meanwhile?

I dislike having to stand still waiting for an enemy to stop patrolling in sneak games.

Move while stealthed, make the recharge fast. If the game is designed in a way that makes the player frequently stand around waiting for a recharge, that's bad.

That's my preference anyway. Mostly this will depend on what kind of gameplay you design, and what works for the puzzles.

-SirNiko
yokomeshi
Level 0

tonight we're gonna party like it's 1989

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 02:56:31 PM »

I'd say it should work all the time, but be more effective if you don't move -- maybe they can detect you if you're close enough, but not if you're not moving.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 07:28:56 PM »

I'd say it should work all the time, but be more effective if you don't move -- maybe they can detect you if you're close enough, but not if you're not moving.

This depends largely on the game, though.

If your cover is blown, what happens? Is this an action game where you use cover to help you avoid some fights? Is this a puzzle game where you must avoid detection completely to complete the stage? If the former, yeah, giving the player the choice between gimp camo and great camo makes sense. If the latter, might as well make it all or nothing. If the player is detected, they failed that level and must start over, or at least go back a bit and try again.

-SirNiko
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic