Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:08:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2DEBT [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: DEBT [FINISHED]  (Read 8761 times)
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 04:51:33 PM »

I enjoyed this. It reminded me of Crystal Caves from Apogee Software, except the pacing was better. The 3D is delightfully dorky, particularly when blasting enemies.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:53:24 AM by moonmagic » Logged

|
Endurion
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 11:51:27 PM »

Looks nice from the video but once I enter the planet part it's completely unplayable slow. Even the space part is jerky.
Are you using shaders there?

nope, not at all...
what graphics card are you on?
i've run it on 3-4 PCs and haven't experienced this - even some mid-range laptops.

actually..... Windows 7 by any chance?
Windows 7 has lots of problems with OpenGL... do a google search for "windows 7 opengl" and there are countless threads. most seem to suggest getting the new nvidia drivers (such as this one)
http://www.overclock.net/windows/458892-windows-7-opengl-cs-1-6-a.html
if you're ATI, then i don't know what to suggest... and if you're not running Win7, then I'm even more stumped...
Running XP pro with an NVidia GeForce FX 5500 (OpenGL drivers are likely the culprit). NVidia really did an ATI there and put out the worst drivers ever. I'm happy that it's mostly stable.
I wouldn't worry about that. On next opportunity I'll bury the card somewhere.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 10:50:27 AM »

Liked: Good visuals, the 2D in 3D was a nice touch. Interesting concept, it has a lot of potential.

Disliked: The controls were a bit too floaty, for both the ship and the man. Those damn eyeball-things were very annoying, they should have taken less shots to kill.

Conclusion: Enjoyable and frustrating in equal measures.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic