Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:54:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Space Garden Punchonaut [FINISHED + post-compo OSX version added]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Space Garden Punchonaut [FINISHED + post-compo OSX version added]  (Read 16643 times)
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2010, 07:58:26 AM »

Made it up to 4770. This was good fun, although the complexity was a bit high for me and I generally just punched things randomly until something happened. Also controlling a tiny, flee-like spaceman felt a bit weird in this setting, especially when you wanted to punch a row that you have to jump to get to, and the death from jumping into the bottom of a falling block made me very wary of going after coins. I noticed that the collisions where a bit buggy - sometimes coins or the character could fall between blocks that were right next to each other, or do some kind of double-jump off an invisible ledge on the side of a tower of blocks.

Really liked the backstory and the ghost mechanic.

György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »

I noticed that the collisions where a bit buggy - sometimes coins or the character could fall between blocks that were right next to each other, or do some kind of double-jump off an invisible ledge on the side of a tower of blocks.

The double/wall jump is entirely intentional.=) It was added to alleviate the problem of falling into a crater.

I was trying hard to get the collision bug (and eventually succeeded=( ). Feels like some floating point arithmetics related problem; I'll look into fixing it.

Ryavis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 07:22:16 PM »

Man, whenever I play this I inevitably end up with a single big collumn in a corner which produces ghosts over and over and is basically impossible to get rid of. It is a pretty fun game, just it could do with a difficulty setting easier then easy for people like me D=
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »

v0.99a is released for Win32 and OSX, with some important improvements.

- the collision bug has been eliminated.
- initial complexity is lowered, leveling up, however, increases complexity (complexity increases every (complexity - 2) levels - level 2, level 4, level 7, level 11 etc. up to 10)
- falling vegetables no longer kill you, only if you're crushed by one.

JoshuaFH
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »

I like it alot. I agree that he tractor 'sphere' (as it's not really a beam) is a bit awkward to use.

My biggest gripe is that you can't hang around the bottom, as a new row might spawn unexpectedly and kill you outright. Also, for some reason when it declares 'more complex', some new blocks will spawn and kill you outright similarly.

Unless I'm daft and missing something obvious.
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 02:37:40 AM »

Thanks guys for playing and for the honest opinions!

@JoshuaFH: no, you're not. getting killed by the newly spawned blocks on levelling up is caused by a bug. I'll fix it for the next release.

on another note I'm really not getting what's awkward about the tractor sphere.Shrug granted, I had more than enough time to get used to it.Wink (no, seriously, make detailed suggestions, and I'll see what I can do.)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic