Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 06:14:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Bitworld [Finished (OSX+WINDOWS)]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Bitworld [Finished (OSX+WINDOWS)]  (Read 164288 times)
PlayMeTape
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2010, 04:05:35 AM »

It works but I don't think the graphics look quite like intended. At least not on my computer Sad.

PDF
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2010, 04:20:23 AM »

To me, the overworld level has the same problem; but I didn't see any graphical glitches in the dungeon so far. The game itself looks fun!
PlayMeTape
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2010, 04:33:23 AM »

Yeah, my dungeons look a lot better as well (allthough I sometimes see those liness down there as well). Unfortunately there's another problem down there. I sometimes get enemies that walk through some (but not all) walls it seems.
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2010, 04:41:13 AM »

DF references, awesome!  Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin
FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2010, 04:48:42 AM »

I found it a bit hard,but it's a pretty awesome game.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »

This game is awesome. I could get down to level 5, I think. How many levels are there? Are you going to carry on developing this now the contest is over? I'd love to see this with a little more polish and few extra features. Either way great job.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Wink

One issue I got was the game would hang when selecting 'exit game'. I had to force quit the app. I'm using MacOSX v10.6.2

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2010, 09:32:22 AM »

The levels are randomly generated, but it goes down to about 15 and then it will probably crash Smiley

I'm working on making a full set of levels and endgame boss.

THe crash I am aware of, it's an issue with my player.

I'm glad you guys like the game. I am definitely going to polish it up for the next couple of weeks.

I'll look into the banding problem.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:41:43 AM by Ivan » Logged

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2010, 01:52:31 PM »

Tried windows version.

First good stuff:
* Very pretty! Very inviting and inspiring!
* Very responsive controls and good character pacing.
* Extremely appealing concept and good implementation of it!

Now for criticism:
* There's no volume control or mute button that I could find. Volume was deafening on my USB-to-stereo connection, which disables the system volume control.
* When I died the game over music was superimposed on the regular BG music. It made for a quite ghastly cacophony. * Graphics glitches galore: the overworld was like the picture above. When I descended some of the overworld building followed and moved with me, intersecting dungeon graphics.
* Fullscreen mode would be greatly appreciated.
* Somewhat difficult control set-up where it is easy to hit the wrong button (I played warrior)

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2010, 02:00:35 PM »

Tried windows version.

First good stuff:
* Very pretty! Very inviting and inspiring!
* Very responsive controls and good character pacing.
* Extremely appealing concept and good implementation of it!

Now for criticism:
* There's no volume control or mute button that I could find. Volume was deafening on my USB-to-stereo connection, which disables the system volume control.
* When I died the game over music was superimposed on the regular BG music. It made for a quite ghastly cacophony. * Graphics glitches galore: the overworld was like the picture above. When I descended some of the overworld building followed and moved with me, intersecting dungeon graphics.
* Fullscreen mode would be greatly appreciated.
* Somewhat difficult control set-up where it is easy to hit the wrong button (I played warrior)

Thanks for the crits, Mikademus, good to see most of the criticism is tech-related Wink

I'll add audio and video options in the next update.

The graphics and music glitches are really weird. I have not seen anything like that on any of the computers I've tried it. It's really weird. Do you mind saying what kind of video card you have?

Actually, Christoffer, if you read this, can you post yours as well?

PlayMeTape
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »

Substance, not Construct Smiley

May I ask, what is this SUBSTANCE you speak of? I'd really like to check it out since Bitworld is made of love.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »

Substance, not Construct Smiley

May I ask, what is this SUBSTANCE you speak of? I'd really like to check it out since Bitworld is made of love.

It's a Unity-like engine/app I am working on. I will release it in the coming months as right now it has a lot of issues.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »

Wow, that is wonderful! Good luck and I will be sure to check it out once you put it on the interwebs.
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2010, 02:27:37 PM »

@Ivan: Sure, I ran the game on my laptop which has an NVidia Quadro FX 770M, 512 MB.

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Captain_404
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »

Windows build looks like this for me.

Also, the menu text - or what I assume was menu text - appears as white squares.
increpare
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »

it doesn't look right on my pc (none of the player-sprites or text render), but I can tell that the wall-collision is not friendly : P (wall-sliding is not allowed)

edit: looks just like captain_404's for me!
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »

Ok, this I actually think I know how to solve. Do you have an ATI card by any chance? (the both of you)

PlayMeTape
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2010, 02:33:14 PM »

I do! I posted that first image. If you want I can try it on my control tower which has an nVidia card?
increpare
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2010, 02:34:11 PM »

Ok, this I actually think I know how to solve. Do you have an ATI card by any chance? (the both of you)
I'm on XP on a macbook here - intel graphics thingy.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »

I'm on XP on a macbook here - intel graphics thingy.

Ah right.. yeah, its the same problem with non power of two textures. I'll fix it in the next update. Good to see that Cg shaders run on an Intel card though Smiley

Captain_404
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »

I'm also an intel, glad it can be fixed Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic