Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:59:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Bitworld [Finished (OSX+WINDOWS)]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Author Topic: Bitworld [Finished (OSX+WINDOWS)]  (Read 164307 times)
MisterStone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2010, 04:31:34 PM »

Won't run at all on my crappy Toshiba Satellite laptop with on board video card, running Vista.  Has this been reported before?  Got to fire up the ole desktop I guess...
Dragonmaw
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2010, 11:08:05 PM »

You might remove the drop.io link, since it's no longer functional.

Also if this could read actual DF fortress files I would love it forever.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:16:22 PM by Dragonmaw » Logged
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »

What's the problem with drop.io? I seem to be able to download it ok.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2010, 11:22:37 PM »

What's the problem with drop.io? I seem to be able to download it ok.
The file Bitworld.zip has reached its download limit. Files in non-premium drops can only be downloaded 1000 times, both to prevent abuse and because at very high download rates our service becomes prohibitively expensive. If you need to download this file, ask the drop's administrator to remove this download limit by upgrading this drop, either through drop.io manager or a one-time upgrade.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2010, 11:32:17 PM »

Oh, that's pretty lame, drop.io. Should be working now.  Hand Money Left  Wizard  Hand Money Right

CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2010, 12:32:26 AM »

Congratulations for the win, Ivan.
I should try the game this evening!

siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2010, 05:18:27 AM »

Tried the game, loved the style. It was slightly disturbing that the character would usually only start to move in a direction after like half a second after I started pressing the button, though.
zorrito
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »

Awesome!
You should mention that on XP it needs the Visual c++ redistributable package installed (Won't run without it).
Great work!
JoshuaFH
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »

Can you elaborate on what you're talking about Zorrito? I have XP, but I'm painfully computer illiterate.
Levirules
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2010, 05:28:47 PM »

hmmm... would your engine allow PC users to program for the iphone platform yet?  I'd really not mind giving it a shot, but I refuse to but a macbook just to tool around with iphone programming, especially when actual good apps and games get like 30 purchases.
duo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2010, 05:29:11 PM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6FI8QB25

Here's a linux version with all the required libraries. Works fine with ubuntu 9.10 (with wine of course!)
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2010, 08:31:29 PM »

hmmm... would your engine allow PC users to program for the iphone platform yet?  I'd really not mind giving it a shot, but I refuse to but a macbook just to tool around with iphone programming, especially when actual good apps and games get like 30 purchases.

I am working on iPhone export as we speak, and if all goes well I should have it available with the first release. Also, hopefully I will have native Linux export as well.

eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2010, 02:57:56 PM »

OS X version! Absolutely freaking lovely.

The charm of this game is immense!

Somewhat slow starter and seemingly empty though... I hope I missed the key for rummaging through furniture... otherwise really empty...

Not sure how this would translate to the iPhone, but if feature and content updates are promised, I'm buying it!

EDIT: Ok, so I understand this was a very short competition and a very short game. I guess I can live without the classic shops, potions, scrolls, weapons, armor etc. but for an iPhone (or any pay version) there absolutely must be something that actually varies the gameplay or introduces at least a few new things each level, and not just one or two new enemies, imo. But then again, given the amount of time this was completed in, this should probably be seen as more of a tech demo. It's a great tech demo, though. The combat gameplay is brilliant for all three classes, but without a goal or new things to see, it's in danger of becoming boring very fast.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 03:33:37 AM by eobet » Logged

Rock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2010, 04:00:09 PM »

I dont know if this has been said but...

All Norton Users! Norton will not let you open Bitworld, it detects it as a threat and will promptly delete the file.

So, I can play it  Cry
PlasmaMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »

Has this problem been noticed before? On the PC version, the the right fifth or so of the screen doesn't display.
Rock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »

I wish i could play the game  Concerned
wademcgillis
« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »

I tried to run it on my Win7 machine. When the game loaded, it showed a white rectangle and then crashed:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   Bitworld.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4b4ed50a
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Offset:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Data:   00000008
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Screamy
Epitaph64
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2010, 09:02:56 AM »

works on my Win7 x64 machine, but the gold amount is cut off. Also, if I get shot by an arrow while shielding, it can push me through the wall I'm standing next to. Good game though!

Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2010, 07:55:35 AM »

hmmm... would your engine allow PC users to program for the iphone platform yet?

Although there might be an easy iPhone deploy button, you'll still need a Mac for the iPhone toolchain, simulators, app store submission, etc. Unity has the same restriction.  Afaik, there is no way to do real (sell on App Store) iPhone development without a Mac (or hackintosh...)
Jotaf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2010, 04:52:03 PM »

Congrats on the win! Beer! I'm sorry to bother ya, but this:

When I launch the game I am taken to a window with what I assume is a menu (a sort of squashed white T in a blue bar with snow). I hit enter, I get another white rectangle. I hit enter again and I am taken to what seems to be the game, but all I see is blue with snow. So it seems like nothing is rendering. Is this because I'm using crappy integrated intel graphics? And is there anything I can do on my end of things to get it to work? From what I've seen you have a really great game here, I just wish I could play it  Concerned

I have the same problem... Facepalm BTW it's not like it doesn't render anything; the dungeon is there, and the sprites have shadows, but no sprites are showing (are those items?) The GUI is all white too... If I may suggest something, could you make it work with the fixed pipeline and no shaders? Many cards don't support them at all, and if I was willing to shell out big $$$ for a good graphics card then I probably would be the kind of guy who plays blockbuster games instead of indie games (which traditionally have lower requirements) Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic