Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:54:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Wizard3D [ALPHA]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Wizard3D [ALPHA]  (Read 12247 times)
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 02:02:33 AM »

Can I request 1440 x 900 resolution too?

hi
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 09:50:43 AM »

Thanks for trying it out, glad you all are enjoying it so far. For people who have finished it, any idea how long it took?

during the combat, i just thought, it would be nice to blend another background music track in, maybe some drums, or just something more aggressive... to add some tension to it.

I completely agree, I need to go through all the music again and see what fits. The first time I went through, I was looking for something specific but it would be cool to have the music build up or change in areas. Just need to find something appropriate.

shadows on walls are broken? (if you walk up to any wall it goes black?  really distracting on the low ceilings : P

Right, this was related to the clipping problems I mentioned, the light was going through the wall. Fixed it tho, thanks for catching it.

Can I request 1440 x 900 resolution too?

Will do!

thanks again everyone, hopefully I can get another build out before the deadline with proper textures and everything in place.

Techpriest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 03:18:44 AM »

I gota say i realy love the fire animation when you shoot and the blood animation when you kill. The mode of this demo is perfect and i hope the finished game whill have the same feling when you play it.
 You mayby should think about adding sounds whe you shoot, walk, killing an enemy, activating a switch and mayby a hud?
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 08:16:52 AM »

quick update

The end of the year really hurt, was out of town for 3 days and totally killed my momentum. Finally got back to work last night, adding the sound effects engine. It's really rough; a lot of my games in the past never really make it too far past the prototype phase so unfortunately my experience with sound is really limited. Regardless, it's working so I'm going to move on to the remaining tasks at hand.

With the deadline rapidly approaching and being back at work now, my availability on this game is dwindling. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I can complete this game by the 10th without it being horribly broken Smiley At this point, I have to pretty much stop adding anything new to the game, make sure all my setups are still fun, finalize texture and lighting, and call it a game. Or a Beta, maybe.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic