Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:49:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2[FINISHED]Tree-hugging goodness
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED]Tree-hugging goodness  (Read 12719 times)
saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

WOAH NICE! MAJOR IMPROVEMENT!

menki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 04:35:11 AM »

Very minor update, wrote some stuff for allowing various fruits, esp. to do with naming them, and having various status effects on them.

Expect many "chilled bananas of alacrity".
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 01:27:25 PM »

Expect many "chilled bananas of alacrity".
Just like ma used to make... Smiley

hi
menki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2009, 06:13:10 AM »

Well, it's been a while since my last update, but I have actually been doing some stuff (not as much as I'd like, but that's Christmas for you).

Trees now grow (and get older, w/ different images) in planting spots, however I still haven't gotten the menu for planting stuff finished off, so atm it just forces the plant into the spot when the map is built. Fruits are largely done, although their effects still need to actually do things.

Here you can see the picking stuff from trees menu (it still needs to show you how many picks you have available, but this should be pretty close to final):

Also here you can see a tree just after it has been planted:

Apologies for the interpolation mangling some of the text in these screens, I can't be bothered to use GIMP to do them properly anymore, and I can't figure out how to stop Paint from garbling it.
menki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 04:33:22 AM »

Well, this has been fun and I've finally got a sort-of-working build, so I'm gonna mark this as finished and you all can give it a try. It may be a little broken, as I got distracted for a couple of weeks and then rushed a whole bunch of stuff into the last two days, and I've cut a whole bunch of stuff out. Anyway, it's kind of playable and you can at least see some of what I was going for.

I also ended up not doing this totally alone as a friend helped me out for these last couple of days (mostly writing the dungeon generation code).

Anyway, here's the link:
http://drop.io/lh87jjl/asset/ranger-zip

Have fun and please reply w/ feedback.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 06:49:05 AM »

I happened to kill a goblin on the exit stairs and after picking up his loot, the tile he was on turned into floor.  I was trapped forever.  My Word!

hi
menki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »

Oh my!

I know exactly why that happens and it's probably going to be a pain in the arse to fix. So will fix it later.

Thanks for the heads up.
BethlehemBrothers
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 05:54:36 PM »

Greetings sir, I like your game's concept, it's really interesting and I played it for a while.  And I dominated.   Hand Any KeyBig LaffHand Joystick

After a while I noticed a few things.

1. It is possible to "run out of things to do" (You can clear out all the dungeons, then what fun is the game?)  To "fix" that, perhaps make dungeon(s) that go on forever, they don't even have to remember the previous floors that you've already explored.  A "Hole of Heros" sort of deal.

2. The monster assortments are.. lacking.. I've only experienced the green humanoids with clubs (and their armored forms), green humanoids without clubs (and their armored forms) and a red-robed wizard that drops seeds.  Perhaps make enemies that move twice as fast?  Maybe immune to certain effects, or even arrows!  Perhaps a "look" command so you can see your foes in the distance instead of letting them get within arm's reach before checkin' them out. Wink

3. I was only able to find seeds for spicy orange trees, so.. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or something or if there aren't any other seeds to drop.

4. Is freeing supposed to do anything?  It didn't do anything for me.  It just made a huge white block (presumably ice) over the enemies, they don't seem to stop or even slow down.  I don't know if this is a bug or what.

If you've heard of them, I'm a LPer ("Let's Player") and I'm looking for a few games to play in the meantime while I'm not playing Paper Mario TTYD.  If this game was improved a bit, I'd definately play it.  If you don't want me to make videos on the game (which would be posted on youtube) and link to your game's download (so the players can play along, perhaps) then you can say so in this topic.

Anyways, thanks for reading! ~BB
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »

This one doesn't work for me. It just crashes immediately. I'm on WindowsXP with a crappy gfx card, and I've got all the latest xna stuff installed. Shrug

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic