Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 05:58:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallYou are the invader
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: You are the invader  (Read 1265 times)
phmongeau
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2009, 01:59:19 PM »

Hi, just published my second game. It's a space invader game where you play the role of the Aliens.

You can play it on kongregate

I hope you'll like it Smiley
Curseman
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »

Clever concept, but a few things were confusing.

First, how does the scoring/the number in the top left corner work?

The first time I played, I killed the ship, but it never used an extra life to respawn.  Eventually the aliens reached the earth, it said I lost for some reason?

In subsequent plays it worked fine.  The ship could stand to dodge a bit more intelligently.  If you fire a bit to his left, a bit to his right, and a bunch right at his location he likes to sit still and take it.
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »

A tad on the easy side, maybe because for many years I was a spy on Earth. I saw my brothers die, I killed them all and some random UFO, but it is worth it now to get revenge. I know the secret of the shields and I shall take no mercy.

I had this idea once, actually. I wanted it to be more complicated, and I always assumed the invaders were a hivemind, so I wanted to play as the overmind-mothership RTSing multiple invasions. Oh man, and it was online so the defender (player) was some random guy online.

It's nice, a little buggy, and imho, too simple. Good for a second game though.

phmongeau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!
I know this game is a maybe to simple, but since I'm still learning I wanted to make a game I could finish without taking to much time.

First, how does the scoring/the number in the top left corner work?

Each time you fire a bullet You loose a point, if you hit one of the shield you regain your point, if you hit the defender you gain 3 points and if you make him lose a life you gain another 3 points. Also, when you lose one of your aliens you loose 3 points.

The first time I played, I killed the ship, but it never used an extra life to respawn.  Eventually the aliens reached the earth, it said I lost for some reason?

Hum.. that must be a bug, sorry Sad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic