Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:05:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Dog and Bone are friends [FINISHED] (link fixed)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dog and Bone are friends [FINISHED] (link fixed)  (Read 11689 times)
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 12:15:13 AM »

Aww, this is one of the tracks I didn't make loop 100% correctly.  Oh well, I hope no one gets too annoyed by it. Concerned

hi
racter
Level 0

Jake Elliott / Cardboard Computer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 01:58:33 AM »

Woo it's done!

http://dai5ychain.net/dogandbone/

Who, Me?  I NEED SOME SLEEP  Who, Me?

This is the first game I've finished so I really appreciate your feedback+critiquez Smiley

Jake Elliott / Cardboard Computer. Recent games: We Were You | Ruins
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 05:33:12 AM »

I got to the second round of levels (SO COOL) but then I got stuck on this ladder I didn't need to go down.  It seems like the climbable section is one block shorter than the ladder

(help, fallen, can't get up, et cetera)

hi
racter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 11:18:11 AM »

I got to the second round of levels (SO COOL) but then I got stuck on this ladder I didn't need to go down.  It seems like the climbable section is one block shorter than the ladder

(help, fallen, can't get up, et cetera)

Oh hrm, like you can't climb down any further right there?  I'll try to get stuck there too & see what's up with that Smiley  Thanks!

racter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »

Oh my DNS company just switched from free to paid & disabled my account which took everything offline (I'm sure they probably warned me but I have a bad habit of not reading my emails so it came as a surprise!)  I paid them so hopefully all my shit will be back soon!

Edit: I moved the game to a different server so it's working now.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:57:06 AM by racter » Logged

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »

Oops I forgot to reply, but basically I couldn't climb up from there.

P.P.S This is the last level, and I could still beat it by restarting.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:09:11 PM by jrhill » Logged

hi
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 11:49:05 PM »

An interesting game. Not exactly my cup of tea (never been a fan of this style of gameplay) but it's well done. Platforming feels a bit too slippery though, making control during more challenging parts more difficult then it should be, I feel.

Either way, good work.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
racter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »

Hey thanks for the feedback yall!

P.P.S This is the last level, and I could still beat it by restarting.

Yeah I added that restart button in as a concession to a few oversights in my level designs that people found -- I really wanted to design the levels so you couldn't get stuck but I missed some things.

Platforming feels a bit too slippery though, making control during more challenging parts more difficult then it should be, I feel.

Thanks Melly -- slippery controls is definitely something I heard a lot; the final version is way better than the first demo in that regard but I guess I didn't quite get there.  The issue has to do with flixel's physics simulation which is very simple but I still haven't quite got the hang of Smiley

Thanks for playing!

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »

Cool game!
Platforming feels a little.. not slippery enough, seems like you drop to fast and don't carry any horizontal momentum. Not necessarily bad, just feels a bit weird. Cool ideas though. Are their any timing puzzles later on (didn't play all the way through right now)? I think the gameplay could benefit from more complicated mechanics or multiple decisions (some non-linear switch activating, one-time use stuff etc).
Cheers  Cool

destiny is truth pre-op
FungusTrooper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 04:46:39 AM »

I think the game worked fine, it's one of the few platformers made for this compo that I didn't get frustrated at the physics at all :D.

Will you be expanding this past the compo at all? It would be neat to see this as a longer game with more content.
racter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »

Will you be expanding this past the compo at all? It would be neat to see this as a longer game with more content.

Hey thanks Smiley  I would like to learn XNA so I've been thinking about porting it to an expanded version and putting it on the Xbox Indie channel (I'd have to work something out w/ the assets of course because Microsoft doesn't let you put free games on there).  That would also open up the possibility to make some 2-player levels, which could be fun.

The Greenest Banana
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 06:20:39 PM »

Quite a fun little game. It's pretty refreshing to play a game that's all about cooperation. Online multiplayer would be pretty awesome for this one. My only problem with the game was that it was that, with the way the camera moved, it was sometimes kind of difficult to get my bearings. I'm not sure what could be done about that, but I think a minimap of some sort would help.

I hope you'll expand this one a bit further. I like it.

A Game By Its Cover Entry: Burp'N'Shoot
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »

Liked: This is nice. Great concept, and the different abilities fit each character well.

Disliked: The dogs jump. He seemed to speed up really suddenly half way through his jumps. It made me miss a lot of platforms and ultimately I rage quit the game because of it.

Conclusion: Huge potential here, it's just a shame about that jump.

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »

This is really charming. Barking to scare away birds is fun every time.

The keys feel a little glitchy; it's like it sometimes doesn't notice when a key is released.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic