Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 01:12:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPower Vacuum [version 1.0 released]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Power Vacuum [version 1.0 released]  (Read 1269 times)
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2009, 07:16:34 AM »

Some example levels

Power Vacuum

Help the atom recover its missing electrons! You only have 60 seconds to collect all 100.

Play it here

Background:

I made this game last week for a contest where the imposed limit was that every game could only last 60 seconds.  I wanted to make a game that was very simple to play and tough to put down.  I'm fairly happy with how things turned out.  It is my own take on the mouse-skill avoider / collector genre combined with Wario-Ware style quick levels.  If you give it a go I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:39:33 AM by HybridMind » Logged

UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 05:57:54 PM »

This game is pretty awesome!  I like the backgrounds.  It's great for testing your Ninja reflexes.  I got 93 points  Cool

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 06:33:37 AM »

This game is pretty awesome!  I like the backgrounds.  It's great for testing your Ninja reflexes.  I got 93 points  Cool

Thanks for trying it out!  It is a game where having a good control is a must.  It takes a decent mouse or tablet pen for most people to really do well.  I can't get above a 65 on my laptop 'eraser head' mouse but I can get a perfect score on my desktop.  Ninja

I am really happy with how the backgrounds turned out too, thanks.  I wanted the 10 level progression to be represented subliminally by a progression from ROYGBIV and then copper, silver, gold.  I was trying to keep UI to a minimum.  Thanks again.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »

My first time I only got 43 points because I didn't pay attention to the timer. I was eventually able to get 87 points but not able to get 100.

Pretty fun game, and I second the compliment about the backgrounds.
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 11:15:40 AM »

My first time I only got 43 points because I didn't pay attention to the timer. I was eventually able to get 87 points but not able to get 100.

Pretty fun game, and I second the compliment about the backgrounds.

87 isn't too shabby!  Wink  Thanks so much for trying it out.  Managed to finally record a gameplay video of it.  Tried for awhile to get a perfect score but was always making one tiny mistake or another.  Took the best take anyway.

of me getting 98/100.   Ninja

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic