Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:43:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Running pandja [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Running pandja [FINISHED]  (Read 11573 times)
MaloEspada
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 08:48:23 AM »

Zup...
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 11:32:30 AM »

you should use the standing frame rather than the first frame in the run cycle when panda is static.

prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 11:40:11 AM »

you should use the standing frame rather than the first frame in the run cycle when panda is static.
Yeah i know. Have been doin other stuff so no time yet. Btw is there a easy way to make an spritesheet out of your spritesheet. I want a smaller one without excessive space inbetween the actual sprites. And all of the sprites must have the same size even though they wont fill it. The only one that will use all of the width is the one sprite in the sheet that is widest. In the case of the running animation i guess that would be the one where his legs are pointing out on both sides.

Am i clear? x)

edit: kind of nevermind. i did it the pixel by pixel-way.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:10:00 PM by prof » Logged
prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »

Just got some AI to work.

And no, the panda is not having a seizure at the end. That was only me while playing ^^ Durr...? Hand Any Key
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 11:34:59 PM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

LazyWaffle
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 04:34:46 AM »

This is amazing.
medieval
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 11:44:53 AM »

yer doin' better than I am
prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »

Just got "doors" to work. I wont bother to explain how i did and such uninteresting stuff. I do wanna say it took me 3 hours more than expected (from 30min to 3hours.. nice)

Have you played knytt?
if yes, I will have a structure of maps in a similar way.
if no, go play it. It is awesome

btw there probably wont be any sounds till deadline. ill have no programming-able cumputer 22dec-8jan. And i have an exam the 9th : <
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:03:37 PM by prof » Logged
prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 05:17:19 AM »

the game is now finished. I had no computer during the holidays and i have studied the last week so the game is very thin on content Tongue and some bugs and such Tongue it is also very short .. and i mean veeery short : <

im just glad i finished.. something ^^
 Coffee

http://manu9.manufrog.com/~lockerzi/files/runningpandjafinal.rar
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:07:45 AM by prof » Logged
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »

neat game! had some weird platforming (getting stuck in an upper left corner), but the concept is simple and sweet and there are loads of nice touches.

(also, glad you've used my trees.=) )

prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 12:55:17 PM »

neat game! had some weird platforming (getting stuck in an upper left corner), but the concept is simple and sweet and there are loads of nice touches.

(also, glad you've used my trees.=) )
thanks ! :D
and yes i know about the 'getting-stuck' problem. lets just call it a ninja-skill for now Well, hello there!

and, im glad u made the trees, they are nice : D
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 05:53:05 PM »

Liked: Good sense of speed, but with control, meant running was very satisfying.

Disliked: A bit easy. I completed it first try without any effort. A couple of technical issues as mentioned by others. Also, it crashed when exiting the game.

Conclusion: Running has a bit of that sonic feel, but lacking a little in the challenge department.

prof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 09:37:23 AM »

Liked: Good sense of speed, but with control, meant running was very satisfying.

Disliked: A bit easy. I completed it first try without any effort. A couple of technical issues as mentioned by others. Also, it crashed when exiting the game.

Conclusion: Running has a bit of that sonic feel, but lacking a little in the challenge department.

thank you, i was aiming for something ""speedfriendly"", love speedrun-games.
and yes i know it is pretty damn easy. i had no time left after the holidays to make it longer and such

thank you again  My Word!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic