Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:06:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKanikule [???]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Kanikule [???]  (Read 7563 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »

Hi,

Here is my new project. If it's your first time seeing my avatar, I have made a game-game, a freeform-game and a non-game. This time around is a website-non-game.

A few years ago I made this 3d picture and it was quite life changing as it was my beginning into 3d it also transformed into a story book and for the longest time I feel like this is my own little crafted heaven, waiting. It was fun to see it as a picture, but I want to walk in it. SO here we are, this is going to be my devlog for the Kanikule raft.

The inside will be explorable, and things will be interactable. It won't be a game, it will be a little virtual hang out with music and atmosphere you'd want to just look at. The sun will move around the little planet and if possible I will make a RT day/night cycle. It will be empty inside in the beginning but I will make more and more objects to add inside, they will tell a story.

More screenshots and videos
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:35:25 AM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
Pixelfenix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 02:27:56 PM »

I really love the texturing work and the colors chosen.
Seems like a pretty cool place to live ^^
FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 03:18:30 PM »

Looks very nice.

I'll be sure to check it once finished.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 04:37:05 PM »

Yes, you made a full devlog. I've been watching you tweet these little shots and man, they are really good looking. Really good colours.

It reminds me a painting of an old sea ship I had in my old home. I used to daydream what it would be like living in the ship (ya know as a sailor).

So this project reminds me of that, sort of like exploring a painting..no? Either way, really interested into where this is headed.
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 04:40:59 PM »

this just in: Everything aliceffekt touches turns to gold. Who will manage to chop of his/her hands first!?   Hand Fork LeftEvil:handmoneyR:

I AM FREE!
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »

this just in: Everything aliceffekt touches turns to gold. Who will manage to chop of his/her hands first!?   Hand Fork LeftEvil:handmoneyR:
I'll make you a deal. We work together to stop anyone else, and we each get one.   Beer!

Also this looks awesome, like always.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 06:45:55 PM »

You consistently churn out miracles!

I wanna see something BIG come from ya! You have loads of talent.  Wink
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:14:56 PM »

I really, really like this.

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 09:25:42 PM »

Thanks a lot everyone. It's always so nice to see all of your comments. Makes it feels like it's worth it.
I saw Waterworld recently and I was trying to think of how I would design my own raft and I thought, like this, and my vision hasn't changed since I first made this 3d render 2 years ago.

I don't know if you listened carefully to the waterworld soundtrack but the track "Swimming" is exactly the kind of sea calm I am going after, you might hear it if you catch one of my live webcam workshop thingy.

Inanimate, I will try not to disappoint you.

So, to recap, the goal of this project is to redo my website xxiivv.com. Where the visitor can choose to enter the website in high quality, which will open up on the unity browser widget. I will try to put enough things in there to summarise my music / programing / drawing portfolio.

I have always wanted something immersive as a website. I think this might work Smiley

Thanks so much everyone ! I will post more pictures from the inside tomorrow.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:29:52 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 10:34:22 PM »

this sounds and looks really great :]

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 04:53:34 AM »

I like your style

SMB Mario

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 09:49:57 AM »

an interactive game portfolio sounds awesome!  It sounds really unique!  Your stuff is really incredible and they all share a common style which is awesome, you can easily recognize your games.

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 12:47:49 PM »

I am working on some props now ^__^

XXIIVV

MaloEspada
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »

Reminds me of Wind Waker style in the best way possible

Kiss
ArchMonitor
Level 0

Sucky pixel artist :c

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »

Reminds me of Wind Waker style in the best way possible

Kiss
Agree. It has nice Wind Wakery feeling.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 03:36:41 AM »

For sake of keeping it bumped, it's frickin beautiful. Can't wait to touch it.

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 06:39:10 AM »

My Word!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »

I dont know if it would fit in but a radio playing your music would be a nice touch.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 08:27:46 PM »

This is wonderful, I can't wait to see this finished.  The setting is totally inspiring.  Kiss

Saker
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 12:55:51 AM »

, update , naaaoww  Hand Shake Left Blink Hand Shake Right
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic