Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:12:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeCactus ain't got nothin' on me
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cactus ain't got nothin' on me  (Read 2262 times)
luvcraft
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2009, 08:24:44 AM »

My rational mind told me to post this to the "unfinished game / demo dump" thread, but my ego told me to start a new thread, and I so rarely listen to my ego that I decided to give him a moment in the sun...

Ladies and gentlemen, saucy tigers and tigery sauces,

The other night I noticed that one of the things listed on my projects page pointed to a dead link, so I fixed that. In the process, however, I started looking at some of my old, abandoned projects, and that got me thinking about how cool I think it is that Konjak has a whole section of his website for projects he abandoned. So I started digging, and digging, and digging...

40 games later, I have an early Christmas present for you guys. Behold, the StudioHunty graveyard of unfinished games, and despair. Or rejoice. Or maybe a little of both.

Herein lie many -- but not all -- of the games that I've abandoned over the last 10 years, every one with some kind of executable or binary or swf!

Not that I'm comparing dicks or anything, but Cactus only has 39 games listed on his website, and I've got 40 games listed here. So, maybe he's got me beat on finishing games, but I can start making games like nobody's business!!

(Before anyone gets all indignant and rushes to defend Cactus's honor: I AM joking, and I'm not seriously comparing my number of unfinished games to his number of finished games.)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 08:26:44 AM »

*casts 1000 needles*

killgore looks nice. will try a few later

PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 08:37:50 AM »

I like the slope example, the one where the girl walks around a town and sees her dog, and the "neurotic". I think you should finish neurotic, so many opportunities there!
Simon Andersson
Level 4

I'm not depressed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 04:00:13 PM »

Consume and Adoration are both nice things that I think could be usable/expandable. And I second that you should finish Neurotic.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:51:41 AM »

Nice Smiley A few of these look quite interesting. Neurotic sounds like a good idea for a game. And Killgore has pretty nice graphics, but it doesn't look like you got very far with the game before you abandoned it.

Looks like you've finished a few of your projects as well Hand Thumbs Up LeftWink

Not that I'm comparing dicks or anything, but Cactus only has 39 games listed on his website, and I've got 40 games listed here. So, maybe he's got me beat on finishing games, but I can start making games like nobody's business!!
Haven't updated my game list in a over a year, I should really get around to it Droop
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:24:33 AM »

Seeing this makes me want to release our older unfinished game "The Old Fairy Wars."

It's just a shame because all that game needs is a ton of art and it'd be pretty solid...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic