Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411520 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 02:39:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRecoil
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recoil  (Read 1824 times)
mirosurabu
« on: December 11, 2009, 08:39:47 AM »

Miroslav Malesevic
and
Georg Dziov
present
RE: COIL

PLAY HERE

It was a level design exercise for me more than anything else. The game is influenced by CraftM's Bound Plus but differs in few minor aspects. Although made in one week I am astonished that level design took so much time.

Anyways, you play as a bouncing coil exploring the dungeon. A little bit frustrating on first few tries, but once you get hold of it, it can turn out quite easy to play.

Comments, feedback, input, hate-mails are all welcome. (:

This game was inspired by CraftM's Bound Plus.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:52:48 AM by Miroslav Malešević » Logged
pgil
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 02:46:17 PM »

Played it all the way through. I like Bound Plus, so this was easy for me to pick up and play.

I think the difficulty curve was pretty fair. Some of the levels might rely too much on skills that you just learned to use (like the flying and wall-jumps), but I guess the unlimited lives makes it more forgiving.

So overall, I like it Beer!
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »

Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:34:56 PM »

It might be just me, but I think you need to press the other direction for the wall jump, a bit before the particle hits the wall. Took me a while to get used to it. Is there a reason why it's like that?

Master of all trades.
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 05:11:29 PM »

I like it!   WinkHand Thumbs Up Right

I wish I coulda seen more square-ey scenery like that tree, though.  Also woulda been nice if the "nitro" boxes actually exploded.

Wall jump control is interesting... I managed to finally start doing it really well by holding left and right at the same time.

mirosurabu
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »

It might be just me, but I think you need to press the other direction for the wall jump, a bit before the particle hits the wall. Took me a while to get used to it. Is there a reason why it's like that?

Hmmm.. Playtesting results didn't reveal something like that, but I did notice that walljumping is tricky when I played it in fullscreen - that is to say on a lower frame-rate.

What's the frame-rate on your machine? (hit ~ to open the menu where you can see FPS)
PlayMeTape
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 06:22:34 PM »

I really enjoyed it. It's hard and frustrating but even harder giving up;)! And woooh third place :D!

Plus, I thought the wall jump worked perfectly once I got used to it. You were just supposed to hold the other direction WHILE hitting the wall right?
mirosurabu
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »

Btw - thanks for the kind words to everyone! (:

>> You were just supposed to hold the other direction WHILE hitting the wall right?

Yeah, you should press it when you touch the wall. I made it so that when you touch the wall there is a little pause allowing you to easily kick-jump. I should be making an update (must prepare for a good Kong and NG performance), so I am thinking about how to make this more clear.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 05:40:27 AM »

Obvious suggestion: color change. That makes it pretty clear when to walljump.
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 05:46:22 AM »

Hmmm.. Playtesting results didn't reveal something like that, but I did notice that walljumping is tricky when I played it in fullscreen - that is to say on a lower frame-rate.

What's the frame-rate on your machine? (hit ~ to open the menu where you can see FPS)

FPS is between 60 to 70.
It could be that the time that takes me to press the keyboard, required me to think of pressing it before the particle hit the wall.

Master of all trades.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic