Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 12:51:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDoro Doro
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Doro Doro  (Read 983 times)
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »

Hi everyone, I was hoping you might be interested in giving our game a try.  It's a 2-player competitive building game (friend required).

Basically, it uses a worms-style overlay to define the game's terrain.  Gameplay revolves around modifying this terrain and building structures on the fly, by slapping "mudballs" onto the structures, or using bombs and "quake balls" to destroy terrain.  We also put in a flamethrower and icegun.  There's a lot of really cool strategies that arise as you try to build your way up to your star while trying to sabotage your opponent.

We also added a couple of weather effects (rain and snow) which change the gameplay a little bit.  Rain collects in puddles that you can swim in/build upon, and snow just piles up over time.

I made this game with Charlene Jeune for our intermediate game design class... we're entering it in the student IGF... we'll see how that goes.  We used the Allegro programming library.

I hope you like it!  We worked really hard on it.  It's about 80% complete right now, but I've been thinking of adding other modes (like a single-player vertical autoscrolling mode, or a four-player reverse-gravity mode).  Oh also, if you have a gamepad (or two), you should use it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic