Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:41:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Puzzle Slash [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Puzzle Slash [FINISHED]  (Read 8163 times)
InfernoRaven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 05:11:17 AM »

Grr Ive had so much trouble finding anything  Concerned I've read that people can run and make xna games in windows 7 when the Game Studio is installed, but really you shouldnt have to install a gamestudio for it to work.

The only advice I have atm is that its compiled for x86 so no 64bit, and to check if .net 3.5 is installed as it seems to be using those libraries.

You said you tried running it in xp compatebiltiy mode, i remember on an xna forum that maybe installing the package in xp compat mode may help it.

Give it a shot if your willing, and thanks heaps for the assets Ive had fun with them. Im still keen to give a crack at programming the procedural rpg world and interactions. So I will still try to slowly develop something closer to my original idea and thus give the game some better purpose and direction.

Otherwise if you have access to an xp or vista machine it might be the only way  Sad
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »

Liked: Well thought out and solid mechanics. A fresh take on the match 3 genre. Matching the different items had different effects.

Disliked: I didn't quite understand the significance of having to walk left and right. Maybe he could have just walked automatically to the next enemy? The music loop was too short, I had to turn the volume off in the end. I would have preferred all mouse controls. Some kind of warning when my health was low would have help. I died a couple of times when I still had healing potions left because I hadn't noticed my health was low.

Conclusion: I think this could be a good take on the match 3 genre with a few tweaks here and there. I expect to see it on Big Fish Games in the near future.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic