Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:28:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAvoid Hitting Piano
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Avoid Hitting Piano  (Read 1172 times)
Newbrof
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »

http://didu-games.nstweb.net/avoid-hitting-piano/

Hi, I am new to the forum and I am looking forward to game ideas discussion, feedback, communication with fellow game devs. I am totally indie (I do all my work/art in spare time), so I feel a bit isolated in this regard. I hope to broaden my scope here!

Avoid Hitting Piano (iphone) is my first public, commericial release. The video does not show the hidden aspects of the game, though (would not make sense to spoil it). But is definately about shortwave spies :-) There is a lite version of the 1st third of the game.

cheers,
George
Newbrof
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:44:27 AM »

found Derek Yu on Gamasutra. Excerpt:

GS: Kind of games vignettes.

DY: Yeah, yeah. These games, they're almost like prototypes that are a little more complete and polished. And I think for sure they deserve to be recognized alongside what I guess you might call "fuller" game experiences.

I think that the direct result of people being able to do these sort of sketches with games is that you can touch on sort of raw emotional feeling, and stuff like that. Try to just hit a nerve that's hard to hit if you're working on a game for months as opposed to weeks or days.

That was exactly what I tried to do. A game sketch or vignette. A moving image kind of. With sounds and music. So, I provide a 5-10 minute experience. Since this approach is coming from many directions nowadays, I think it will be a valid form for videogames... right?

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »

Shocked

What on Earth?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »

I think it looks bloody awesome. Don't have an iPhone though.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic