Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 03:30:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Shmuparadox (Compo version FINISHED, faster Download Link)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shmuparadox (Compo version FINISHED, faster Download Link)  (Read 8768 times)
Flyweight
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:59:16 AM »

Assemblee started and I didn't notice!  Shocked

I don't usually go in for things like this, but the assets submitted for part 1 were so incredible I couldn't resist!

I think I'll make a time-paradox shmup from various assets which fit, and probably some which don't. My friend Weesals will probably be helping me out but we're both fair busy so not sure how far this will get. Been so busy over the new year I've had to neglect this project a bit. Nevertheless, the newest version has several data-driven enemy types, an accurate-enough, time-reversible particle system, and a fully working chrono-ghost system.

UPDATE: Compo version is finished!

Download: http://www.sleeplessgamer.com.au/download/game/Shmuparadox_Assemblee_Release.zip
MAKE SURE: to install the font 'elegante pixel', from the assets folder.

Download: http://www.sleeplessgamer.com.au/download/game/Shmuparadox_Assemblee_Release.zip
MAKE SURE: to install the font 'elegante pixel', from the assets folder.

Built for both DirectX 9 (9.41), or DirectX 10 (10.41).

Controls:
    WASD - Movement
    J - Firing
    K - Activate CHRONO!

NOTE: It IS possible to complete every level without 'leaking' any enemies, and all bosses without taking damage.
Not sure if the boss challenge is possible in 'Brutal' difficulty though. Unleash the CHRONO!

SERIOUSLY THOUGH: Post angry messages if it doesn't work for you, otherwise I can't fix it for others  Wink.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:24:26 AM by Flyweight » Logged
harima555
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:49:48 AM »

could you post some screens?, was about to download, but then i read the dx10 requirememnt =(,
any ways good luck whit your project =)

If learn programming does not make you feel dumb,you´re doing it wrong
saluk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 11:58:39 AM »

Why do you say it need directx10 hardware? I'm pretty sure I don't have dx10 hardware and it worked fine. It's pretty small harima, worth a try.

(Maybe it does need a dx10 OS like vista or 7, I dunno)

Nice demo, will be interesting to see how the concept is used later on.

Flyweight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 04:34:59 AM »

Everybody loves point filtering!  Grin

Also there is a looping enemy spawner for testing, and a new demo up (http://drop.io/shmuparadox).
I am aware it lags hard after a certain point, but I know precisely why, and how to implement a scalable solution. It's just I have to wake up in time for work tomorrow.

Next: Particles!

zzzzZZZZZzzzzz....
Flyweight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 04:39:57 AM »

Fixed the lag that some people were experiencing. If it didn't work for you before try it again.
Flyweight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 07:00:33 AM »

Updated! Check the first post.

Newest version has several data-driven enemy types, an accurate-enough, time-reversible particle system, and a fully working chrono-ghost system.
Flyweight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »

The version for the competition is finished, check the first post.

I'm quite happy with what I achieved, given I had to take a large break in the middle of the competition to work on other projects.

Hope all the other artists and coders had as much fun as I had.
The caliber of work which has submitted for the competition is exceptional.  Tears of Joy
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:30:42 PM »

This is stellar work (no pun intended.) Really good stuff.
Flyweight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 06:28:30 PM »

This is stellar work (no pun intended.) Really good stuff.

Thanks. I'm glad you took the time to try it out.
Flyweight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 06:25:12 AM »

Noone told me the download link was ungodly slow!

Fix'd: http://www.sleeplessgamer.com.au/download/game/Shmuparadox_Assemblee_Release.zip
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 10:45:44 PM »

Looks awesome. Your YT link is broken, link to the download has a fullstop in it  Cool

destiny is truth pre-op
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 08:14:48 AM »

Liked: The time mechanic was good and worked well.

Disliked: It didn't work out of the box. I had to delete the OpenAL dll and the DirectX dll so the game would use my system versions in order to get it to work. The boss in the first level was really tedious.

Conclusion: A very competent shmup.

DT
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

I really like this game, its slightly slow for my taste and im not a big fan of the controls, but I like the execution

I just..cant....believe!
I was working on my own vertical scrolling shooter with exactly this sort of game mechanic, and just out of sheer....coincidence I stumbled upon this game!..i didnt even read this thread before i played it, I just saw a thumbnail and thought "ah, a cool looking shmup" and downloaded it
suddenly I feel slightly demotivated to work on my own project ;P

I really like the game though, nice work
hopefully you continue working on this :>
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic