Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 10:26:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2The way I shoot (2D) (v0.7) All I Could Do, Enjoy =)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: The way I shoot (2D) (v0.7) All I Could Do, Enjoy =)  (Read 18388 times)
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 09:08:45 PM »

Merry Christmas back!

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I'm still getting other errors for these variables...
Running Windows XP

hi
Epitaph64
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 09:14:51 PM »

:O, haha wow that is a lot of errors! Have fun? Smiley

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »

:O, haha wow that is a lot of errors! Have fun? Smiley
I think it's all the same as the one it was giving me for Hand and he fixed that so I don't think it's a tough fix.

hi
hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 06:50:54 AM »

wait a second, i have tested the game in several pc's and i didn't get those errors. i tested it in 3 XP machines, 1 vista and 1 windows seven.

seriously, is an extrange error because it seems like the object is created after the first 'step' event. but is only in your pc dude. here it works great and is my grandfather's notebook.

I think i wont be able to solve your conflict because it involves all the objects of the game and it's ridiculous.

I will make a video of the game if you want but i think is a n Game Maker error or some compatibility with your pc (i made the game under windows XP)

I'm so sorry, however , i will check again for errors but seriously, its like the 'create-event' is deleted from each object and the varables I have declared desapear. So u get errors.

PD: i have used some program to make it compatible with windows vista (to test the game here), may be that's the main problem,   Jr Hill could u download a previous version of the game and test if it works for u ?
hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2009, 06:53:17 AM »

hhaa seriously, the game goes straight to the step event and jumps off the create event ... it's really crazy.

if that is happening I wont be able to put variables in the game XD it's reall frustraiting ...

haahah
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2009, 07:04:47 AM »

The other earlier versions just stop and say "Unexpected error"

Is there some kind of game maker framework I'm supposed to have before running these games?  The problem might be my fault or just my computer.

hi
hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2009, 07:09:00 AM »

The other earlier versions just stop and say "Unexpected error"

Is there some kind of game maker framework I'm supposed to have before running these games?  The problem might be my fault or just my computer.

i will upload NOW a version without the patch for windows vista. I think i could be he poblem, im not at home so i can't test it in Xp, sorry =(
hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2009, 07:17:26 AM »

here it is http://sites.google.com/site/thewayishoot/the-way-i-shoot

i hope it works better than this  Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2009, 07:30:26 AM »

Lo siento dude, I'm still getting the same errors.
 Shrug

It's probably something wrong on my end unless anyone else is getting these errors...

hi
hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2009, 07:38:56 AM »

Lo siento dude, I'm still getting the same errors.
 Shrug

It's probably something wrong on my end unless anyone else is getting these errors...

thanks for the tests anyway =)

gracias por todo, nos vemos en el post de los juegos terminados =)
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2009, 07:54:15 AM »

gracias por todo, nos vemos en el post de los juegos terminados =)
Nos vemos. Cool

hi
hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2009, 02:09:19 PM »

I think  will give up, can't modify my game from where I am now so , the game will be incomplete as u can see ...

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »

Don't give up!  Beg

hi
hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »

jr hill =P i can't continue the game =(

dn't make me cry   Crazy
Eraser
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2009, 11:48:09 PM »

Don't give up!  Beg
Don't give up! (x2)  Beg

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2009, 02:00:32 AM »

Don't give up!  Beg
Don't give up! (x2)  Beg
You should listen to a song. The chorus says never gonna give ... up. That's what you should do.
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2009, 05:04:25 AM »

Don't give up!  Beg
Don't give up! (x2)  Beg
You should listen to a song. The chorus says never gonna give ... up. That's what you should do.
DO IT! You made a fine game already

hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »

well i will give it a try ...    Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right

i think i can build a virtual XP desktop in this windows 7 machine.

Eraser
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »

I don't think it's necessarily a matter of it being XP or 2000 (as game maker has been around for quite some time, and others have used it on these versions), but is more likely the way you coded it.

Have you considered that you're creating an object or initializing variables in hopes that they are created in the order you desire? To me, this error means that some object was created before all of the variables it wanted were initialized, so if you have one object which on the create event it initializes the variables, you  may want to move it to the room create event or something.
hellsong91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2009, 04:27:23 PM »

I don't think it's necessarily a matter of it being XP or 2000 (as game maker has been around for quite some time, and others have used it on these versions), but is more likely the way you coded it.

Have you considered that you're creating an object or initializing variables in hopes that they are created in the order you desire? To me, this error means that some object was created before all of the variables it wanted were initialized, so if you have one object which on the create event it initializes the variables, you  may want to move it to the room create event or something.

1) i am on windows 7 and a can not compile.
2) of course i'm declaring the variables on the create event...

here is an example of what is happening:

in player create event i put "somtng = 1"

then in step event i put "image_angle += somtng"

and there it is. I don't know why pops up an error haha. (i cuoldn't get those errors and i tested the game in 7 pc's)

i will post the gmk file if u want. later.

so there could be a tutorial or something.

have a good year.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic