Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 09:44:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Katakijin Thread (RELEASE DATE)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: The Katakijin Thread (RELEASE DATE)  (Read 59480 times)
BroodKiller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »

I posted this earlier, but I will reiterate - pressing ESC during the game should not close the whole application but quit to the menu instead.
I also noticed a n issue with hotkeys. Apparently, the old hotkeys are not cleared out when you set new ones. I had 5 keys to perform the same action, which is something to fix, I think.
I would also ask to be able to hotkey ALL the actions, not just the jump/slash1/slash2 and block. Just to suit everybody's preferences. Some people prefer to use WSAD instead of the direction arrows, for example.
I like the toned down starting power, it's a good idea to reveal more with the game progress.

EDIT:I don't think it is a bug sensu stricte but definitely an exploit - I managed to fill up the KI bar by continously mutilating a single enemy with the uppercut against a wall. I made it to over 100, but I could continue like that endlessly. Here's a screenshot:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:40:36 PM by BroodKiller » Logged
ultim8p00
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2008, 06:55:57 PM »

Progress Report:

Completed:
-Black Ninjas now completely coded
-Some enemy animation attacks smoothened out
-Added in text boxes for character dialogs

Working on:
-Archers AI
-Mages AI
-Reworking the intro cutscene
-End of level cutscene

ktanxbai
KokoLoko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2008, 02:35:30 PM »

@Inane:

Sooo...did anybody get to the first boss? Was it easy? Hard? What did you guys think of the AI?

First of all, sorry for my poor english  Tongue

Here it is my fight with the first/final boss (he reminds me of zabuza, the first "boss" in Naruto) after him i got stucked in the scenography, i dont know if its bug or the end of the demo. I had to be awaken all night to beat him  Lips Sealed
Pretty cool game but pretty hard too, the ai is strong and very intuitive.
this game has great potential.
good work! =)

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2008, 10:23:18 AM »

I love it so, so much!  It does what I tried to do with an old game, fluid, almost SF2 style platformer combat...  You should be really proud! Kiss

ultim8p00
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2008, 06:40:25 AM »

@Inane:

Sooo...did anybody get to the first boss? Was it easy? Hard? What did you guys think of the AI?

First of all, sorry for my poor english  Tongue

Here it is my fight with the first/final boss (he reminds me of zabuza, the first "boss" in Naruto) after him i got stucked in the scenography, i dont know if its bug or the end of the demo. I had to be awaken all night to beat him  Lips Sealed
Pretty cool game but pretty hard too, the ai is strong and very intuitive.
this game has great potential.
good work! =)

Urgh, that boss looks to easy. I'll have to turn up the difficulty a little bit more.

Progress report

Completed:
-End of Level Cutscene
-Intro Cutscene
-Archer AI
KokoLoko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2008, 03:30:20 PM »

mhmh, not tooo easy, remember that u know how he thinks (we donĀ“t) coz u programed him, he can block+counterattack more than half of my attacks, in melee has more range and speed and has a ranged attack too! , you cant hold the "c" strike coz he would hit you before or block the attack (major part of times). maybe u can give him a pow, remember that hes only the first boss!, if you make him invencible it will be boring. Shocked
ZeppMan217
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2008, 09:30:04 PM »

up. any updates?

City 217 citizen.
"We do what we must because we can"
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »

I'm downloading  Cool

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2008, 06:27:48 PM »

Glitch: Ran up the wall on the left, then proceeded to hold up to run up this wall and this happened
Edit: what I meant was, I got stuck in that position.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:51:04 PM by MekanikDestructiwKommando » Logged

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2008, 07:55:58 PM »

OVERALL: AWESOME.

-Just personal opinion but.. can you put back in the timed block? I really liked that  Grin. Much more realistic then "hold block".. come on!
-There's some way to do a crazy jump.. hit an enemy with some airel (i'm button mashing..) and I think I press block and jump or something, then I go *flying* (over half-screen) to the left and up at a fast velocity. Second time I did this was vs. one of the white ninjas, and I landed and the character kept rolling on the ground, except he wasn't moving. I was able to dash out of it but.. yeah.
-Very cool, non-exploitable though it looks crazy: Shuriken>dash>shuriken>dash..
-I like how enemies do super-rolls when you shuriken spam.
-Would you be so inclined as to write up an attack/movement flowchart? I'm sure us players could figure it out, but it'd be nice to have a more accurate and complete version from the source  Wink.
-This game rocks. Absolutely rocks. Hell if you keep adding to this, I'll pay you for the game.

EDIT: Maybe NORMAL mode can have the block as default and NINJA mode can have the timed block, and the AI could be smarter // more complicated? Just an idea, please don't overextend your design however -- the game is awesome as it is.

EDIT: Is there more after the boss? My character got stuck past the left screen (I could throw a shuriken and see it bounce off the wall but I couldn't move). It looks like you do a finishing move when you kill the boss? I pressed away from the boss and my character did the move in the other direction -- maybe you have to finish killing the boss or else the next screen doesn't work? @work, I'll try again later.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:09:59 PM by MekanikDestructiwKommando » Logged

ultim8p00
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2008, 09:45:29 PM »

Hai guys. Sorry about no updates. The reason there haven't been updates for such a long time is because I honestly just haven't been able to put in much work into the game. I have made a lot of changes, but I haven't completed a new level or anything like that to be able to give you guys new screenshots. Second semester is just such a bitch and I'm really trying to get straight As and stuff.

Also, there aren't going to be anymore demos until the game is done. The reason for this is because the demo has been hacked and decompiled a bunch of times by the Gamemaker community, and someone out there has the demo source, which really pisses me off.

As soon as I get that new road to Zahjety level done, I will make sure to post some screenshots and keep you guys updated.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2008, 12:02:24 AM »

That decompiler is screwing stuff up big time for GM games.

Not really much you can do about something like that. It was only a matter of time. Still, hopefully new versions of the program will be more resistant to decompilation.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2008, 11:33:44 PM »

If there was a way to run a GM.exe with another program (like loading a rom), or encrypt stuff..

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2008, 09:57:38 AM »

As far as I know the GM decompiler simply turns the GM executable into a source file that can be loaded into GM. In there you can look at every bit of code used within the executable. Even if you encrypt stuff you'd still need a code to make it readable again so the program can run, and people would be able to see it.

I might as well release the source along with any GM games I make. Save the hassle and the tears.

Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2008, 08:28:10 PM »

Er, that sucks.
Hard-coding FTW!  Cool
Maybe Ultim8Poo can hire real ninjas to go out and ninja (assassinate) people who decompile his game..

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »

I don't think I'd care, myself. My GML code is usually such a huge undocumented mess they'll probably come out of it with a mental illness.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2008, 09:36:40 AM »

I like the idea that you write your code full of pitfalls and traps to deter the unwary.

"Three men were swept up by a nested loop before anybody turned. God rest them, if there be any rest in the universe. They were Donovan, Guerrera, and Angstrom. Parker slipped as the other three were plunging frenziedly over endless vistas of tangled code to the escape key, and Johansen swears he was swallowed up by an errant variable which shouldn't have been there; a variable which was local, but behaved as if it were global. So only Briden and Johansen reached the exit, and pulled desperately for the Alt-F4 as the mountainous monstrosity heaved its seething mass of virtual functions upon the stack and hesitated, floundering at the edge of the desktop."

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2008, 12:24:24 PM »

I like the idea that you write your code full of pitfalls and traps to deter the unwary.

"Three men were swept up by a nested loop before anybody turned. God rest them, if there be any rest in the universe. They were Donovan, Guerrera, and Angstrom. Parker slipped as the other three were plunging frenziedly over endless vistas of tangled code to the escape key, and Johansen swears he was swallowed up by an errant variable which shouldn't have been there; a variable which was local, but behaved as if it were global. So only Briden and Johansen reached the exit, and pulled desperately for the Alt-F4 as the mountainous monstrosity heaved its seething mass of virtual functions upon the stack and hesitated, floundering at the edge of the desktop."

My good sir, I declare you "awesome".

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »

codethlu ?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2008, 09:29:05 AM »

Well if he did that that would mean his own code was broken.
Unless he puts in a bunch of subroutines that are filled with infinite loops with deceiving names like "ActivateSuperMode".. and they run it..
..could code in some malicious code to erase C:\ too..

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic