Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:06:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Little strategy game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Little strategy game  (Read 1873 times)
chrisjan
Level 0

Serial jammer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »

Hello,
  I am going to participate in the Assemblee as well.  I have decided to make a small realtime strategy game, I am using Geeze's animated sprites, inspired by Oryx sprites.  Yeah, me too.  For the environment I plan to use DBB's sprites.  I still haven't decided about music and SFX but I have been listening to some of the material here and there's lot of interesting stuff.
  I still haven't decided a name for the game, right now it has the codename "straty" (for strategy), but I'll come up with something better.  I can't give many more details, as I have just started writing it after a busy time getting my other game ready.  I hope I will make it before the deadline, can't give any guarantees.
  And here is a screenshot of the current status:

There are three player squads and three enemy squads.  One of the player squads and one of the enemy squads are fighting, and the player is about to launch the next attack.
  Next step for this weekend is put the buildings/obstacles.   Let's see how it goes.

[Update 22Dec] I have a new screenshot!  There are some trees now and these lovely towers.  The soldiers will have to defend the towers from the enemy attack, and the towers will generate more soldiers.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:26:36 AM by chrisjan » Logged

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:26:33 AM »

I like it!  I even like Straty.

hi
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »

Neat. I actually kind of like the super simple background you've currently got, maybe whatever you do to fill it in, keep it more abstract?
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 01:22:35 PM »

Remember to change your message icon to the competition one.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
chrisjan
Level 0

Serial jammer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 09:33:10 AM »

I am sorry to announce that I must abandon the competition.  I don't have material time to work on the game now.  In fact, I see that my last update was already one week ago and still haven't had a single minute to dedicate to this.  Sorry guys.  As they say, "life calls".  Best luck to the rest of entrants.

Christiaan

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic