Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:38:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Mind of the Turtle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mind of the Turtle  (Read 1948 times)
Eraser
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »

It's a game. About turtles. You are a turtle. Possess other turtles.

The mind control beam thing is completely random. I currently have no direction with this game, need more ideas!

Using Thorson's great engine, and mostly jrhill and arachnee's stuffs. Music/sfx undecided. The mind control actually does work, you can control the stone turtle and run around, then leave the body and return to yours instantly. Not much to explore, and no demo yet (as it would be quite boring).
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »

Whoa neat idea!

hi
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:08:27 PM »

I'm thinking you ought to grab Pencerkoff's switches and put them here, as well as grab some animated sprites for monsters. Maybe a game where you must mind control monsters to complete the level? Puzzles revolve around utilizing the abilities of the monsters, while keeping the turtle out of harms way while he is catatonic?

When you say "mind control is random", you mean that effect is generated randomly? It looks quite cool.

-SirNiko
Eraser
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 08:28:59 PM »

I'm thinking you ought to grab Pencerkoff's switches and put them here, as well as grab some animated sprites for monsters. Maybe a game where you must mind control monsters to complete the level? Puzzles revolve around utilizing the abilities of the monsters, while keeping the turtle out of harms way while he is catatonic?

When you say "mind control is random", you mean that effect is generated randomly? It looks quite cool.

-SirNiko
Yes, I  meant the effect was randomly generated. Also, I'll have to look into your sprite suggestions, and yes I already wanted to add some enemies and puzzles to the game. Just hope I can make it interesting enough Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic