Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:24:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioMusic Contest: RIP OFF ASSEMBLEE EDITION.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Music Contest: RIP OFF ASSEMBLEE EDITION.  (Read 2150 times)
C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2009, 08:33:25 AM »

There is no music contest? No active music contest? I dare you. I DOUBLE DARE YOU.

Here is a contest: Rip off Assemblee music! Take one song or as much as you like and do whatever you want with em as long as a song comes out!

You have till December 30th

NOW GO GO GO.

pgil
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:20:59 AM »

There was a competition going on, but it seems to have been forgotten. I like this idea, though. You're talking about sampling/remixing songs from the assemblee assets?
C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »

Whatever you want, as long as you start with at least one song or sound file from assemblee. We don't need to hear any resemblance to any assemblee song, just make what you want.

pgil
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »

Here's my tune: MP3 XM

Really quickly done amiga-introish tune. All sounds are assemblee assets. I used Synnah's voice samples for the percussion and bass, and the synth strings, and lead instruments come from Feeble the Mighty's sfxr pack.
C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 04:16:19 PM »

This reminds me of something. Maybe an old 90's game. It's definitely something similar. I especially love those... uh, lead things. Channel 6 to 8. Man, it definitely reminds me of something. Fucking well done mate.

Oh, and...
http://c418.org/a_fail.mp3

Stolen from feeblethemighty

That is my contribu

pgil
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »

Nice. Reminds me of Royskopp.. probably the mellow tone and robot vocals.
pgil
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 03:04:15 PM »

nice tune, pgil! makes me happy Smiley

Thanks. I think it sounds like a million other Amiga intro tunes, but I guess there's nothing wrong with that.

For setting up loop points, I use MilkyTracker's built-in sample editor. You really just have to zoom way in and and look for patterns, then set your loop points where they'll be the least noticeable. Any difference in amplitude between loop points will cause a clicking sound, as will any difference in the shape of the waveform. Really, the only way to learn is by messing around with the loop points until you're able to see what works and what doesn't.

Your synth oddities worked fine for me, and I have a shitty computer. They're all very nice. The first Klaxon tune ("a" i guess) is really pretty.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic