Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

999318 Posts in 39213 Topics- by 30620 Members - Latest Member: blockerz

April 23, 2014, 05:14:18 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingTen Second War [updated April 4]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Ten Second War [updated April 4]  (Read 7182 times)
Hatsu
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 04:14:07 AM »

Hey, your game has been featured on the Freeware Friday Section of Big Download.  I thought you would be interested.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/03/26/freeware-friday-10-second-war/

Goran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »

Very nice!

I love these kind (ie. cursor 10) of games. Your game is great as it is now and I'm looking forward to next iterations...

Goran

Almost
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 08:39:33 PM »

Ok, I have now an update. I have added some more unit types to make things more exciting, added a lot more levels with a more gradual difficulty curve, a level editor such that you can make and play your own maps, "friendly" units, and various miscellaneous changes.

The new version can be downloaded at http://www.mediafire.com/?dyz1kzga1bt

There are [some] sound effects, but there is still no music. Sorry. (If anybody would like to offer some music, I would likely be willing to use it). For now, I'm enjoying the small overall filesize.

[edit, there was a problem with saving on that version, just fixed it]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:21:31 PM by Almost » Logged

A game of mine: Ten Second War
contra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 07:30:01 AM »

Great game. It feels really rewarding to watch the replays after you've completed a level. I think this is the only game in which I've ever bothered to watch a replay Smiley
Loved the game but I have 2 complaints/suggestions;

The one thing I had most trouble with was the shield unit. I found it hard to control properly and whenever I had to use them it was more frustrating then fun.
I think this unit would benefit from a mouseaction, for example: if you hold down the mousebutton the shield would lock in it's place (release button to have it act normaly). This would make it abit easier to control and make it more fun imo.

R restarts the unit. But if you die at second 9 of your last guy and your not fast enough to press R, its all over. Frustrating to have to redo all your previous runs when it all came down to that last one. It'd be great if R would restart your last run even if time was out.

Other then that, just some music, make it remember your resolution settings and add shitloads of levels. This is the type of game where 100+ levels could work. With the leveleditor (havent checked it out yet) maybe you could accept submissions from players to include in the finalgame.
Good job!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Almost
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 02:13:45 PM »

The one thing I had most trouble with was the shield unit. I found it hard to control properly and whenever I had to use them it was more frustrating then fun.
I think this unit would benefit from a mouseaction, for example: if you hold down the mousebutton the shield would lock in it's place (release button to have it act normaly). This would make it abit easier to control and make it more fun imo.
Interesting suggestion. I have noticed that the shield unit feels kind of awkward to control, holding the mouse to lock it in a fixed direction seems like a good idea to me. I'm also considering an [optional] relative mouse control for the shield unit; turning only when the mouse moves rather than always facing towards the mouse.

Quote from: contra
R restarts the unit. But if you die at second 9 of your last guy and your not fast enough to press R, its all over. Frustrating to have to redo all your previous runs when it all came down to that last one. It'd be great if R would restart your last run even if time was out.
Wait, did you not realize that you can recontrol units? You can click on a unit that's already acted to redo it. I should probably make that more obvious.

A game of mine: Ten Second War
contra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »

Wait, did you not realize that you can recontrol units? You can click on a unit that's already acted to redo it. I should probably make that more obvious.

Oh I actually did know that but for some reason at the end of the last run when Menu [esc] pops up I figured it was over.
Silly of me really  Embarrassed
But I dont think redoing moves in this way is mentioned in the readme (or the tutorials though I could be wrong about this one) so maybe add a mention of it there.

Another thing I thought of is that the mousecursor can be hard to see sometimes when all hell's breaking loose.
Maybe change the color of it into something that stands out more.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic