Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:32:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignMake a Boss for Noitu Love 2, plz
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Make a Boss for Noitu Love 2, plz  (Read 26239 times)
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »

Quoting my site:

"Yes! Let's have a harmless little competition about designing a secret boss for Noitu love 2!

I thought to get people's juices flowing I'd let the people decide what to make a secret, hidden boss. What you have to do is think of something completely awesome and then give that idea to me and I pay you absolutely nothing, but you get a credit at the end of the game (if you really want to).

Watch the trailers, think of what kind of boss battles you like or would like to see, and come up with something! Sketches are welcomed, but not at all required. There aren't too many guidelines, you have after all not even played the game. What I am most interested in is the visuals and the themes. You can suggest attacks but I might replace them to what fits the gameplay better.

In 10 days from today (today is March 7), I'll pick the ones I liked the most then put them on the site and then ask people to mail to me what they vote for! Hopefully this works out well or it will be really boring for me."

Basically, to rile things up a bit, and just for plain fun, I thought I'd have people suggest to me boss ideas and one of those ideas will end up the super-duper hidden boss.

Hopefully I can get a couple suggestions, and I wanted to ask the Tiggers directly (let's face it, nobody visits my site unless Tim writes about it).

I'll be looking back on this thread so no need to mail me if you write something here. Just a name of a boss if you'd prefer, too.

I hope it's alright for me to have a self-centered competition like this here.  Embarrassed

This is Noitu Love 2, by the way:

Trailer:
http://www.konjak.org/nl2.mov
or

Thanks beforehand! I need sleep now...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 11:36:13 PM by konjak » Logged
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 11:43:17 PM »

You have a site?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 11:44:17 PM »

I do. It has stuff on it. Like... scary things.
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:01:44 AM »

Oh snap, is this for reals?  I will drop so many sketches here in the morning...

cup full of magic charisma
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:08:40 AM »

Adam has been waiting for this day...

And so have I, but who knows if I can come up with anything good, har har!
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:12:38 AM »

A sketch of a new boss? I'll do you one better and provide an animation! Behold the next classic boss in gaming, right next to Sephiroth and Ripley... Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... A genuine, bonafied farm pioneer:

Look at him. The way he moves. With confidence. With determination. Many have tried, but no one can stop the farm pioneer.

He's just gonna keep on moving forward; nothing and no-one can get in his way.

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 03:43:31 AM »

I'm still a little unsure on how the gameplay works for Noitu Love 2. Can you tell us a little more so we can create better bosses? It looks like some of the bosses work differently from the main game, having their own separate controls or something.
Dustin Gunn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 04:43:47 AM »

I'm still a little unsure on how the gameplay works for Noitu Love 2. Can you tell us a little more so we can create better bosses? It looks like some of the bosses work differently from the main game, having their own separate controls or something.

Nope, same controls. It's a beat em up but you do a lot of your movement by clicking  and zooming to enemies (in addition to the left/right/duck/jump buttons)
MattJ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 05:21:27 AM »

Ok suggestion 1:

Mad Bearded Hermit. This guy has wild eyes and an enormous beard with creatures living in it. He's employed by a billionaire as a curiosity, to hang around on the billionaires land and jump out of bushes at unsuspecting guests, it has, of course, driven him crazy. He looks a bit like Gandalf from the LOTR movies (pointy hat important!) but crossed with a tramp. He carries around a mug of mushroom tea that he sips from and sends him into a hallucinogenic trance.  I like the idea that he might drive a ride-on lawnmower as well, perhaps as part of his duties for the billionaire. Since he's gone crazy he's pimped his lawnmower with flames down the sides and big alloy wheels.

Attacks could include:
- Jumping out of bushes
- Commanding the creatures of his beard
- Trippy mushroom magic
- Shouting incomprehensibly
- Driving over you on his ride on lawnmower

scruffy hermitgamestwitter
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 05:42:19 AM »

Where's Ben Ruiz with the Penis King?

konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 08:41:55 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion so far.  Smiley

And thanks Derek for the news item!

There's one deviant flying level, but I wouldn't hide it on that one.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 08:45:53 AM by konjak » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 08:53:35 AM »

I propose a gigantic owl. With laser eyes.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »

A Shadow of the Colossus style giant. Two or three levels before you see explosions and cars flying in the background. Maybe cars randomly fall in the level (or cows Earthworm Jim style). Then the level before you see this tiny little robot shooting lasers. Until you scroll past and then there are giant feet (like screen filling sized) that fall down and you have to hide in potholes to save yourself. The boss seems *unstoppable* so you have to do something extra fancy to prove your heroism and even access the giant robot killing level.

Or! Power Ranger Parody, except, they form a giant robot Voltron style*.

*They don't use robots. They use their own real bodies. Organ-o-bot go.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 09:05:01 AM »

A Shadow of the Colossus style giant. Two or three levels before you see explosions and cars flying in the background. Maybe cars randomly fall in the level (or cows Earthworm Jim style). Then the level before you see this tiny little robot shooting lasers. Until you scroll past and then there are giant feet (like screen filling sized) that fall down and you have to hide in potholes to save yourself. The boss seems *unstoppable* so you have to do something extra fancy to prove your heroism and even access the giant robot killing level.

Or! Power Ranger Parody, except, they form a giant robot Voltron style*.

*They don't use robots. They use their own real bodies. Organ-o-bot go.

Organic robot, though awesome, may go a bit against the game's style of seemingly robot-only enemies for the most part.

I propose an Owl Colossus.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 09:25:21 AM »

Well, in these games everything explodes, anyway.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 09:41:20 AM »

Where's Ben Ruiz with the Penis King?

Ben likes his alone time with the Penis King...
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 10:08:29 AM »

I propose a gigantic owl. With laser eyes.

QFE.  Grin

darkreaver
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 10:57:21 AM »

I registered for the express purpose for posting in this thread  Embarrassed

I likes me some huge bosses...how about a giant robot worm boss, where you get eaten?  Maybe it would be split up into different sections in its gullet, and you have to dodge whatever is inside that it uses to process things it eats.  The weakpoint (tm) would be the walls itself, with the exception of where it's covered with spikes or whatever that makes it painful to punch.

Or maybe a giant crushy juggernaut boss where the field is constantly scrolling, and you have move or get ground up. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:03:20 AM by darkreaver » Logged
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »

Ooh, an excuse to mess around with Potatoshop!

And the castle could shake the ground every time it lands! And there could be a little wizard too! And a dragon! And...

Oh dear, I appear to be in a very silly mood today. Grin

AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 11:21:15 AM »

ULTRA SPI-DARN

Spi-darn appears by smashing through the ground below Noitu, chasing him up a sky-scraper that is under construction.  Spi-darn could probably have some projectiles, but just outrunning him would probably be pretty exciting!

With some regularity the spi-darn will rush toward the top of the screen.  In doing so, it separates and deploys a missile.  If you drop a shield to take out the missile, and stay near the middle of the robot, when it closes you will be inside it!

Then you see a cut-away view of the spider interior:

Kick the crap out of the interior to destroy a leg!  Then you are ejected and the spider bot falls off-screen, but returns to chase you some more:

Once you've destroyed all his legs from the inside out, the bot falls away for the last time, and Noitu stands triumphantly on the top of the skyscraper.  Victory!

Until the spi-darn flies past you on its emergency rocket power!!!

Electrical malfunctions make only one side of the ship vulnerable at a time.  The ship fires grapple points and exploding bomb grapple points out of two little turrets where it's first couple legs used to be.  Use the shield to safely cross under the jet!  Pound the crap out of the exposed pilot for great justice!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:09:31 AM by AdamAtomic » Logged

cup full of magic charisma
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic