Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:13:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBioshock Infinite
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Bioshock Infinite  (Read 11953 times)
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 06:38:35 PM »

I think that it's more going to be about eugenics. Funtime!

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 08:10:38 PM »

This looks super-cool. Looking forward to borrowing my friend's Xbox to play it.
Christian223
Level 1

DRAGON was robot

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »

When are they going to make System Shock 3?Huh? That would be Much better than Bioshock Infinite imo.

I have won Bioshock 1, and have its sequel installed but have not finished, its not really interesting to me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:03:14 PM by Christian223 » Logged
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 12:21:28 AM »

Looks better than Bioshock 2. Absolutely love the new setting Smiley
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »

Looks a bit like the FMV cutscenes from Final Fantasy IX without the ridiculous hairdos.
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 12:36:22 AM »

BioShock 1 was good but I somehow got bored of it and I didn't play 2. But yeah, then new setting does look great.
Gagege
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 06:07:47 AM »

I think that it's more going to be about eugenics. Funtime!

I thought the same thing because of the "Bother Columbia not with your chaff" billboard. Creepy...

blog
Soli Deo Gloria
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 06:22:09 AM »

When are they going to make System Shock 3?Huh? That would be Much better than Bioshock Infinite imo.

I have won Bioshock 1, and have its sequel installed but have not finished, its not really interesting to me.

I don't see how they could.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 07:06:54 AM »

I don't know the game is giving me a fable vibe to it.
Even the article kinda throws signs that it's just "system shock 5, only instead of dairy logs you talk to them your self. Expect the same loot everything game play and the same feeling that you can't connect(unless you want to be back stabbed) to any one in this game!"
dEnamed
Level 4

Bored was AmnEn.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 08:52:39 AM »

They do seem to have a knack for creating visually interesting scenarios. Let's just hope they don't let a trainee do the character bumpmaps again.

Obviously of demonic ancestry. In that case, can I get my wings please?
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 09:47:23 AM »

Judging from those propoganda banners...

Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 09:56:24 AM »

They're just coming up with cities in increasingly ridiculous settings now. I predict the next one will be underground, partially submerged in lava. After that, space.

I didn't like Bioshocks 1 or 2. They were like System Shocks but dumbed-down for the consoletards. While the concept of a city underwater has potential in terms of atmosphere the execution was just downright bad and premise alone can't hold up a game. The plot had more holes than Rapture and the gameplay was boring and samey.

I've no expectations whatsoever for the third installment in this series of train wrecks with (allegedly) prettier graphics. (personally I find the bloom-infested Unreal engine style ugly as hell)
JoGribbs
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »

Thanks for that.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »

when did core become so bitter?

BoxedLunch
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »

that made me feel sad. Sad
The_Flying_Dove
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 05:36:04 PM »

They're just coming up with cities in increasingly ridiculous settings now. I predict the next one will be underground, partially submerged in lava. After that, space.

I didn't like Bioshocks 1 or 2. They were like System Shocks but dumbed-down for the consoletards. While the concept of a city underwater has potential in terms of atmosphere the execution was just downright bad and premise alone can't hold up a game. The plot had more holes than Rapture and the gameplay was boring and samey.

I've no expectations whatsoever for the third installment in this series of train wrecks with (allegedly) prettier graphics. (personally I find the bloom-infested Unreal engine style ugly as hell)
Right you are, Core Xii. This is a setting that we've seen in games like LOZ: Twilight Princess, Skies of Arcadia Legends, and so on. It's more derivative than a person may think.  Just because this setting is one of the first to be applied to an FPS, that doesn't necessarily make a revolutionary idea. I didn't find Bioshock all that impressive either. System Shock 1 & 2 had most of its gameplay elements already intact. This new franchise by Irrational Games is nothing more than a way to rake in big  Hand Money Right. Then again, 90% or so of today's franchises, even the big ones, are nothing more than rehashed concepts of old 80s and 90s games. Bioshock Infinite is to games what Transformers 3 is to movies. The same applies to Gears of War 3, COD: Black Ops, etc. Few games try to elevate this industry into what films and literature have become (with films like Casablanca, Citizen Kane, and books like The Illiad, The Odyssey, etc).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:43:33 PM by The_Flying_Dove » Logged

"No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves." - St. Francis of Assisi
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »

I hate Bioshock. Also: never played any of them.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
The_Flying_Dove
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 06:17:50 PM »

Yeah, Bioshock 1, 2, & 3 are pigshit.

"No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves." - St. Francis of Assisi
Galaxy613
Level 1

10,000 Lightyears of Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »

I was gonna say I am sorta looking forward to this, but apparently it's cool to hate it now. Shrug

[ Quest! ] A new year, with new possibilities. [ Follow me on Twitter! ]
iffi
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »

I'm looking forward to this (maybe I'm just easily entertained), but the amount of bloom is worrying.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic