Well this project is now one month old and it's already 40 - 50% complete! I expect to have it finished in the next 3 - 6 weeks (by the end of December/early January.
- Microsoft XBox360 style gamepad support!
- WASD + Mouse control scheme for those who don't have/don't want to use gamepad!
- Arrow keys work for movement, too! (You're welcome, lefties!)
- Chipilicious tunes by Stevie "hryx" Hryciw
- Minimap functionality courtesy of Alec "male2CB" S
- Pixel-perfect surface scaling thanks to Chevy Ray's script and rdein's help
- Sounds by sfxrContent features:
- Spiritual successor to the NES cult-classic The Guardian Legend
- Two complete areas: Sector 1 and Sector 2, the Silicon Forest
- Over 50 rooms
- 3 types of weapon power-ups
- 3 types of character upgrades including weapon, health, and speed
- Collectible ammo that refills the ammo meter
- 7 enemy types
- 2 bosses
- 2 captive indies to rescue
- Various interactive environment objects including explosive blocks and electrified floors
- Puzzles that require pushing switches, finding secret rooms, etc.
- Objective-driven gameplay (collect data keys for the computer to unlock the door to fight the boss to save the indie... repeat...)
- Sector 3: Frozen Corridor
- External Save & Load system
- More polishing & fixing on all existing elementsGoals for Completion:
- 5 different-themed areas, each with a boss
- 10~ indie developer cameos
- Over a dozen different enemies
- Up to 5 different weapon types, possibly stackable
- Each area introduces new enemies, traps, and puzzles
- Plenty of other secrets and fun surprises!
- And more!