Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:54:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)show us some of your pixel work
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 1637
Print
Author Topic: show us some of your pixel work  (Read 7287573 times)
Zanhuf
« Reply #28980 on: January 17, 2015, 12:18:54 PM »

Hope you guys like pretty bad 32x32 tiles:

Not a big fan of most of them, although i do think i managed to get the bridge down decently.

My main issue is the mountain and hills, as well as the trees. I tried differing variations of forests near the bottom. I also uh, kind of don't have a grass or "plains" tile, left it green, I've tried grass tiles in the past but i can never get them down.

I was hoping to go for a sort of shining-force like tile-set, a mix between map-like tiles and ones that could be used to display a small area, like a specific battle field or town, if that makes any sense?
Bass-Windu
Level 0

I like making pixel art. Not that good though.

View Profile
« Reply #28981 on: January 17, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »

Hey! Bad 32x32 tiles are my specialty!  Wink
Just take a look above at my post. Tongue

"Dude, just chill." - Abraham Lincoln
CyangmouArt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28982 on: January 17, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »

Tower 57 graphics

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28983 on: January 17, 2015, 01:20:31 PM »

Hope you guys like pretty bad 32x32 tiles:

Not a big fan of most of them, although i do think i managed to get the bridge down decently.

My main issue is the mountain and hills, as well as the trees. I tried differing variations of forests near the bottom. I also uh, kind of don't have a grass or "plains" tile, left it green, I've tried grass tiles in the past but i can never get them down.

I was hoping to go for a sort of shining-force like tile-set, a mix between map-like tiles and ones that could be used to display a small area, like a specific battle field or town, if that makes any sense?

Looks good to me, and made me think of Shining Force right away.
You might want to check whether you do or don't want black outlines, it doesn't make much sense that the river has two and a castle has none.
Also I'm not really sure what the dark stain-like area below the lighter forest is supposed to represent.......

(← new art twitter)
Bass-Windu
Level 0

I like making pixel art. Not that good though.

View Profile
« Reply #28984 on: January 17, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »

Huzzah! Improvements have been made! Also, return of the bomb! I have another thread up for seeking help on improving my backgrounds so if you have any tips drop em there, but I have to say I'm rather pleased with how the rest is coming. There's still plenty I could improve upon, but I think I'm getting closer to finding what works.

"Dude, just chill." - Abraham Lincoln
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28985 on: January 17, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #28986 on: January 17, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »

Everyone's work is looking fantastic as always. Looks like there are quite a few new faces around as well.

After a break from pixels Ive been trying out some newish stuff. Mostly hammering down on being able to take sketches and accurately depict them with pixel art.

I'm trying pretty hard to push myself to do stuff by hand rather than relying on transparency or brushes to create shapes. In photoshop you can bullshit so much detail but after some time playing with that I noticed myself being much less creative and thinking less about shapes while doing traditional sketches.

Though photoshop is good for cutting down on ridiculous hours of work.

For example I made 70% of this picture by building shapes on top of eachother in ms paint and databending/pixel sorting them to create more and more colors and dithering, this process was exhausting so I got inpatient and forgot about the picture. Then a few moths later I started using photoshop and finished the picture in a few minutes using transparent brush.

Has anyone else experienced stuff like this?

AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28987 on: January 18, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »

Morning Carrion!

Your artwork is beautiful. I'm curious, doesn't the background of this image have a feature called banding? I was under the impression that banding was to be avoided.

I really love this kind of abstract art. It really get you thinking...yeh good stuff. I just eat it up Wink

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
Reylisten
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28988 on: January 18, 2015, 10:53:30 AM »

Hi, i'm brazilian and really newbie 2D artist,would really like to hear from you tips Beg, thanks

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28989 on: January 18, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »

Don't be a dick and respond to others too mr brazilian.
Your artwork is beautiful. I'm curious, doesn't the background of this image have a feature called banding? I was under the impression that banding was to be avoided.
If you're talking about the gradient in the background, the reason that the gradient has banding is because you shouldn't have too much color depth in your pixel art. Banding is often a necessity, it's just that people often use it wrong and that's what a lot of tutorials tell you to avoid.

AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28990 on: January 18, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »

artz

Very cute art, Reylisten! Is that the princess in the hologram? My guess she's trapped in a castle and you have to save her  Lips Sealed. Also what is that plant thing? Hard to make out how it works. I did notice a certain word after the dying(?) animation! Funny of you to slip that in, I bet that would be my response every time Cheesy

Do you have any more art like this? I'd appreciate you dumping it here for us to see!

Don't be a dick and respond to others too mr brazilian.

If you're talking about the gradient in the background, the reason that the gradient has banding is because you shouldn't have too much color depth in your pixel art. Banding is often a necessity, it's just that people often use it wrong and that's what a lot of tutorials tell you to avoid.

No need for name calling, Torch. This is his first post after all. However it is important you participate, Reylisten. Smiley

Thanks for the tip as well. I wonder if it would benefit from dithering or some similar process, because it is the first thing that I noticed on the image. Although I must say it does look unique with it there...

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
Reylisten
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28991 on: January 18, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

I'm very happy for you like it, she is a warrior, but she belongs to another dimension and so she can not save them from the threat, then it sends an hologram to try to tell someone about what is coming.

Sorry, I promise participate more, is that I thought I had not much to say, after all are much more talented than I

Scut Fabulous
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28992 on: January 18, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »

Some pixely pixel stuff for River City Ransom Underground I have been working on. There is plenty more, but can't show everything. Here's a smidgen. A smidgen of a smidgen in fact.

So cool to see how far you've taken the classic.

vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28993 on: January 18, 2015, 07:59:07 PM »

roster i made of some of my friends' characters

SeanNoonan
Level 3

For England?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28994 on: January 18, 2015, 10:16:08 PM »

Reworking the character select screen for Jack B. Nimble...

Also, kinda failed attempt at a pixel daily today - fucked up the face, any ideas how I could have fixed it?

Thanks Smiley

And regarding this, your pixel sizes are all over the place. I'd advise sticking to one scale for the project, as some of those lines are borderline vector art. My two cents for ya  Shrug

snarlydawg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28995 on: January 19, 2015, 01:32:42 AM »

sorry
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:15:19 PM by snarlydawg » Logged
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28996 on: January 19, 2015, 02:10:26 AM »

Perhaps a link for those with epilepsy snarlydawn?  Shocked
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28997 on: January 19, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »

gradients in pixel art and color depth is up to personal discretion and there's no accepted 'standard' for how pixel art should be made. I've been around pixels for a long time now and decided that any attempt to decide what pixel art 'should be' beyond the personal leads to people talking very much and not necessarily drawing art

yeah what the balls, hide that epilepsy machine up there dude. avant garde successful! but try to not hurt people physically in the real life!
FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28998 on: January 19, 2015, 02:52:02 PM »

Avatar and forum signature commissions I did recently for table top gamer, Whelpslayer

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #28999 on: January 19, 2015, 03:40:17 PM »

FawfulBeans those are badass!
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 1637
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic