Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:05:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationTest Pilot [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Test Pilot [FINISHED]  (Read 63956 times)
andre-yu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008, 09:53:05 AM »

My plane doesn't have any impressive records BUT it is still unholy.

Hungry Hedgehog

Load it, then hold right and watch the show. It launches itself into space, does an uncountable amount of flips, and then a single loop, then finally, it safely floats down back to the earth like a leaf, all by itself.
CopperD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2008, 02:18:46 PM »

Use the space bar to get that plane up. I see no reason why Hungry Hedgehog will not fly very high. It also has great fuel.
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008, 06:19:57 AM »

This game is fantastic Smiley
andre-yu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2008, 07:39:07 AM »

Use the space bar to get that plane up. I see no reason why Hungry Hedgehog will not fly very high. It also has great fuel.
Its thrusters are at the back, so it goes out of balance very easily. I tried. A shame because when rolling, it looks like a space ship. Maybe I'm just a noobie pilot. You can try.  Smiley

So far I got 80 loops, a 1790 feet wide loop, a plane that can go on forever even if afk, and a 47 feet take off.
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2008, 02:40:59 AM »

Karl Marx is the best plane I've had yet, replacing the old 'Josephine' model Smiley

The thing is built like a space shuttle. Is steady, yet powerful. Doesn't win the space race, but sure as shit wins altitude, airspeed, and G-force.

Edit:
So, I've been playing this obsessively (and encouraging others to do the same - if my friend fails his exam tomorrow, it's the fault of this game :p ). Karl Marx is still the best all-rounder, and Porl Thompson is the fastest to space (2.4 seconds with landing, though the aforementioned friend claimed 2.3 seconds without managing to land it - and it's a bitch to land - no wings to glide in with).

George Orwell is a self-destructive mess, but very cool all the same Smiley
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 06:44:08 AM by Aik » Logged
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2008, 11:45:35 AM »

This game is just good old fun. It's a very good game, please expand. Grin

My list of requests (Which you can very easily ignore  Smiley):
  • Online Scoreboard!
  • More "gameness" (more objectives other than records)
  • Bring "Ghetto Planes" back! It was the best name in the compo, and now it's gone.  Sad
  • Moar development! This concept certainly deserves a very full and polished game. If the "toy" (no offense  Tongue) is so addicting a whole game would be awesome.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »

Man... I can't get the Spruce Goose off the ground...  How did Hughes do it?
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »

This game is just good old fun. It's a very good game, please expand. Grin

My list of requests (Which you can very easily ignore  Smiley):
    • Online Scoreboard!
    [/b]
    • More "gameness" (more objectives other than records)
    • Bring "Ghetto Planes" back! It was the best name in the compo, and now it's gone.  Sad
    • Moar development! This concept certainly deserves a very full and polished game. If the "toy" (no offense  Tongue) is so addicting a whole game would be awesome.

Yeah, its a lot of fun.  Just an online score table with all the stats would be great.
    Xion
    Pixelhead
    Level 10

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #68 on: June 16, 2008, 05:34:39 PM »

This game is awesome. My records be:

Widest Loop: Ugly Stick - 887 ft
    # of loops: Spurbia - 10
    Altitude: Shitsifter - 20646 ft
    Air Speed: Shitsifter - 713.6 knots
    Air Time: Peanuts - 2 m 45 s
    Distance: Peanuts - 13.4 mi
    Shortest Takeoff: Boombox - 58.2 ft
    Space Race: Tyriq - 3.3 s
    G-force: Blackfish - 11.4 Gs
    Heaviest Looper: Phil Fish - 1447 lbs

If you added any of the stuff suggested I would only love it more.
    If you added all of the stuff suggested my head would prolly asplode.

Crackerblocks
    Level 1

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #69 on: June 16, 2008, 08:27:19 PM »

Hungry Hedgehog is indeed unholy. That actually really suprised me.

I liked Ghetto Planes, but I didn't want to offend anyone who lived in the ghetto. The first concept was going to be building junk-yard style planes out of corrugated tin, cardboard, hubcaps, etc. But solid colors are so much quicker to draw.

Lots of brilliant suggestions. I'm writing em all down. When there's a new version, you'll hear about it here first!
    Lurk
    Super Artistic
    Level 5

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #70 on: June 17, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »

Love this game. It's my personal winner in the compo so far.
    Zwergesel
    Level 0

View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: June 18, 2008, 06:02:57 PM »

Thanks for the altitude trick. I got another plane that just reached 77527, but isn't as fast on the way down. It is very easy to land, because it loses all of its speed when it enters the atmosphere. The name is 'Battlefield 194'

The plane 'fireworks' can do a 2.2 space race but is impossible to land and 'fireworks2' has very short take-offs.
    zradick
    Level 1

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #72 on: June 22, 2008, 12:02:09 PM »

It took me a few tries before I even got a plane that would leave the ground, but eventually I found a seed that worked and joined the "space race" as it were.  Cool idea and I liked trying to control the planes using the up/down once they got going (and doing loops and stalls and such).  It would probably be more fun if you had direct control over assembly of the plane (though that wouldn't fit as well with the PCG contest), and if there were some goals beyond height and distance flown (perhaps rings to try to fly through, though that would probably need a radar or something).
    Cheers!
    --Zack
    CopperD
    Level 0

View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: December 28, 2008, 07:15:07 PM »

Any hope on a new version? I was really looking forward to this. With a little bit more polish it could be a casual game I would pay for.
    Murer
    TIGBaby

View Profile
    « Reply #74 on: April 15, 2011, 04:56:11 AM »

This is a really big bump, I know. But I think this game is great and I would like to see it getting more developed (though I know it's old). Some more features wouldn't hurt. Wink

By the way, the plane bitchtits can almost fly forever.
    Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
    Print
    Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic