Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:23:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903419 times)
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7480 on: October 04, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »

I would recommend Sengoku Bazara: Samurai Heroes over them anyways, even if it's Capcom just doing a DMC remake of Samurai Warriors. Characters have a lot of personality and their movesets make them so much funner to play.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: October 04, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »

what are the good one on steam?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:19:13 AM by Jimym GIMBERT » Logged

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7482 on: October 04, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »

damn, now i need to try dynasty warriors. i would totally buy that if it goes on sale.
If you do, make sure it is one of the "Empires" versions not the regular or "Xtreme Legends" (unless you're wanting to trade the kingdom-building elements for the story circuit and enjoy doing the same thing over and over).

I am not sure what price range you're working with, but got DW6:E for $20 on the PSN, and DW8:E (the newest one) for $40 on the PSN. DW8:E does have a free version on the PS3 and XBOX for download called "Dynasty Warriors 8: Free Alliances" which let's you create characters play certain modes of the game (and all modes if you have PS Plus).
this is good, i have ps plus. thanks for the advice!

JWK5
« Reply #7483 on: October 05, 2015, 08:04:45 AM »

what are the good one on steam?
Steam: Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires

Also, I just realized the new Nobunaga's Ambition is out (on PS3 and also steam)... I MUST HAVE IT!!! Addicted
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: October 05, 2015, 12:51:55 PM »

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is sooooooo good now that I've finally hit my stride. Only took about 300 hours to become barely competent in this game.

Someone learned to OTG, finally?

otg is 50 hours in :p . 3 non-corner doom loops is my current white whale. I can do 2 these days but the longer it goes on the harder it is to maintain.

Embarrassingly enough I did just learn about wave dash cancels. That explains a LOT about stuff I couldnt reproduce that I saw on youtube.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7485 on: October 05, 2015, 04:02:05 PM »

Finished a session of Volkare's Quest (an expansion scenario from Mage Knight - The Lost Legion) and here are my thoughts -
1. We played Tovak and Wolfhawk. Comparing their skills, it seems like Wolfhawk as a lot more "situationally useful" skills while Tovak is a reliable and strong fighter. However, Wolfhawk pulled some really solid mana generator artifacts from the deck so she was able to boost her cards a lot in the final fight against Volkare.
2. At the beginning of the game, you may look at Volkare's army of tokens and throw your hands up in despair because he looks like he's almost unbeatable. But remember that you are splitting the tokens between yourself and other players, and you'll be taking him on with endgame equipment and elite units at your disposal. We found that when we actually started fighting Volkare, he even seemed a little too easy!
3. It seems that plundering villages before the Volkare fight makes a huge difference. I almost think it feels like cheating to stand on a village and repeatedly plunder it to collect a pile of cards. There's no downside because you don't even care about your reputation at that point. But keep in mind that you must play at least one card during your turn (or else you have to discard one).

Here are some rules we missed which I will have to pay more attention to in the future:
a. When Volkare moves (on non-Wound cards) he rerolls a die from the Source that matches the color of the card.
b. When a player announces the End of Round, Volkare does NOT move again in that round. If you forget this rule, the race difficulty will effectively be one step higher than you intended.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: October 05, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »

3. It seems that plundering villages before the Volkare fight makes a huge difference. I almost think it feels like cheating to stand on a village and repeatedly plunder it to collect a pile of cards. There's no downside because you don't even care about your reputation at that point. But keep in mind that you must play at least one card during your turn (or else you have to discard one).

yep i usually play with a house rule where you can't plunder villages more than once. makes more thematic sense too.

i have actually beat volkare this way
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: October 05, 2015, 04:15:44 PM »

One thing is for sure: If you are planning to play Mage Knight co-op at all then this expansion is a MUST BUY. It was designed to improve the co-op experience and does it really well. I can't even imagine going back to the basic Mage Knight box and playing against a "dummy" opponent now, it's much more fun to put Volkare on the board and watch him go on a march of doom towards the portal.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: October 05, 2015, 04:22:56 PM »

yes thats true. it's a really good expansion in general. and because co-op is the best way to play the game (imo), yep it's pretty much essential.

unfortunately i've heard a lot of bad things about the 2nd expansion (shades of tezla) which is why i haven't bought it yet, despite MK being one of my fave boardgames. :/
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7489 on: October 06, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

i finally found a used copy of rocket slime near me, after selling it years ago. i still love the game. it's so delightful! definitely one of the best early ds titles.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7490 on: October 06, 2015, 12:51:25 PM »

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is sooooooo good now that I've finally hit my stride. Only took about 300 hours to become barely competent in this game.

If you like Marvel, try Guilty Gear..

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: October 06, 2015, 01:33:41 PM »

Oh I have Smiley I've been playing a fair amount. Mostly playing Millia, Chipp and Mai.

This is my current fighting game rotation. The ones at the top I play more frequently

USF4
UMVC3
Rising Thunder
MKX
Guilty Gear Xrd
SFV (when possible)
Samurai Showdown 2
Persona Ultimax (barely scratched the surface of this game)
Tekken 2 tag (wow I'm bad at this)

JWK5
« Reply #7492 on: October 06, 2015, 03:19:48 PM »

My fighting game rotation currently is:

Arcana Hearts 3
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Soul Calibur 5
Injustice
and some random bouts of Samurai Showdown 5: Special and The Last Blade 2.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7493 on: October 06, 2015, 06:06:47 PM »

I have Izuka, actually. :D

My current crop of on-PC games includes:
Marvel Super Heroes
MSH vs. Street Fighter
Ultra SF4
King of Fighters 2002 UM/98 UM/XIII
Guilty Gear Izuka
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Skullgirls
Nidhogg
Eggnogg
Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm
Vanguard Princess

My usuals also include:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Third Strike
King of Fighters '96 and XI
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Tekken 5 / Tekken Tag 2

...and recently I just got back into the old-school SNES stuff (and the conversation is full-circle now).

Also, I just happened to begin playing Killer Queen this past week, since the arcade where I moved has one of the 5 cabinets in existence:

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7494 on: October 06, 2015, 07:35:39 PM »

I've always wanted to play KQ but the Chicago scene is pretty intimidating...

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7495 on: October 06, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »

I played Killer Queen at GDC and my team lost literally every single match (out of like 8 or so). It was brutal. Seemed like it could be fun if I actually had a chance to figure it out.

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: October 06, 2015, 11:59:27 PM »

Got Read Only Memories. Oh boy do I like it a lot, it's scratched an itch that's been itching for too long. It's nice to play games where I only have to press one button at a time with no coordination or timing. One handed games are the best. I hope I can make the Obfuscate narrative at least half as good as this.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: October 07, 2015, 05:51:28 AM »

jwk, baconman. We need to play some games Smiley

Have either of you tried fightcade yet? After hours spooky has been playing a lot of it online and i think i'm ready to take the plunge this weekend.

We should resurrect that fighting games thread.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: October 07, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »

i wanna play soma because it looks kinda like what i wanted bioshock infinite to be. it also just looks cool in general.

so many good gams this year.
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: October 07, 2015, 06:12:27 PM »

Soma is just Amnesia/Penumbra except sci-fi. And I didn't like Amnesia or Penumbra very much.

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic