Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 04:14:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall1000 Arrows
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 1000 Arrows  (Read 3182 times)
Theophilus
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »

Dodge all of the arrows coming your way in this fast paced arcade game.

CONTROLS:

WASD/Arrow Keys: Move the player within the circle

Mouse:
Aim your shield

There are ten types of arrows, a new type each stage.

Normal - A standard arrow

Ice - Freezes you, if it hits you

Fire - Double damage if it hits you. If it hits your shield, it destroys your shield (It will come back). You must dodge!

2X Speed - Goes twice as fast as a normal arrow.

Homing - Follows you, if you dodge. You have to block this one!

Exploding - Explodes on impact, doing extra damage.

Splitter - Splits into different arrows

Bouncer - Bounces off of the walls 3 times before being destroyed

Archer - Shoots arrows in any direction

Sloth - Goes very slowly.

Screenshot:

Download:

Game Jolt

YoYoGames

Enjoy, everyone!
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »

Dodge all the arrows coming your way? Like Custer's Revenge? Well, hello there!

Chris Pavia
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »

Played this for a little bit during lunch today (up to round 4 I think). While it's a simple game, I think the difficulty progression could use some tweaking to draw the player in more. I think you could have the arrows start out slower at the beginning of the round, and then speed up as the round progresses. Or have the turrets flash or some other tell right before they are about to fire. The arrows travel so fast by default that it was usually more luck than skill when the arrows hit my shield. The 2x arrow goes so fast it felt pretty cheap since there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. The ice arrow may be more interesting for the player if it freezes you in place, but you can still rotate. Can't comment about the rest of the arrows tho, as my lunch break just ended Sad

I think that tune will be in my head all day!
Theophilus
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:10:17 PM »

Played this for a little bit during lunch today (up to round 4 I think). While it's a simple game, I think the difficulty progression could use some tweaking to draw the player in more. I think you could have the arrows start out slower at the beginning of the round, and then speed up as the round progresses. Or have the turrets flash or some other tell right before they are about to fire. The arrows travel so fast by default that it was usually more luck than skill when the arrows hit my shield. The 2x arrow goes so fast it felt pretty cheap since there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. The ice arrow may be more interesting for the player if it freezes you in place, but you can still rotate. Can't comment about the rest of the arrows tho, as my lunch break just ended Sad

I think that tune will be in my head all day!

Thanks for playing. Though I don't plan on updating the standalone, I will keep your suggestions in mind if I ever get around to porting it to flash.
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:01:25 PM »

Played through the 1000 Arrows mode yesterday.

The fire and ice arrows can be difficult to see against the background. Like Chris said, little can be done about the 2x arrow (OTOH, you feel like a badass when you happen to dodge or block a bunch of them in quick succession). Apart from those minor issues, I found the game enjoyable.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »

I played the game. Really enjoyable trying to survive against the shower of arrows. I agree with Veracity. The fire and ice arrows are difficult to identify. I can see them, but half second later.

One question, Theopilus. Every round, the archers are rotating faster than before, right?? Nice point in there. And i like the random shoot in time and position Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »

Pretty fun, it has a good feeling of tension, and the different arrows are interesting.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Theophilus
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »

Thanks for playing everyone. Smiley
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »

archer rip-off  Hand Money LeftGomezHand Money Right  Hand Money LeftCave StoryHand Money Right

(joking)

Theophilus
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »

Hehe. Actually I will probably be ripping off some of those arrow types Ninja

Hehe, feel free.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »

Funny little game, download Stencyl and make a flash version of it Wink

Pages: [1]