Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:27:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 314717 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3300 on: April 29, 2015, 07:36:57 AM »

imo its only getting better.

bitserum
« Reply #3301 on: April 29, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »

It's a great game, and yeah it keeps getting better (I swear even the community seems just a little bit less toxic overall; i have some really enjoyable games, even when sucking). But damn is it addictive and a huge time sink, you're better of just spending that time developing...  Shrug
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: April 30, 2015, 12:12:24 AM »

I played a game as Sniper mid yesterday. I felt I did quite well, but we lost. Oh well, RIP in peace, you beautiful little bastard.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: April 30, 2015, 10:54:25 AM »

With the introduction of Guardian Greaves, I might actually purchase Mekansm on a lot of heroes. The activation cost of the item has always been a turn-off for me, especially on non-Intelligence heroes, so I'm happy to see that the Greaves cost nothing to use. Plus it's pretty cool to have another "luxury boot" for late-game builds so I don't feel shoehorned into getting Boots of Travel every time. (Although you can still get Boots of Travel after this item and treat the Greaves like it's just an upgraded Mek if you want, lol)

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
bitserum
« Reply #3304 on: May 01, 2015, 03:23:40 AM »

So far mango seems awesome on mana hungry heroes early game to ensure some kills. I'm surprised it's instant refill instead of over time (at least 3-4 seconds like salve)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: May 05, 2015, 03:09:15 AM »

Fun fact: After this patch, only 35 out of the 110 heroes do not have a scepter upgrade. So you get its benefits on 68% of the heroes.

As the ratio of heroes having scepter upgrades approaches 1, it becomes a more and more viable item in Deathmatch mode. Cheesy

Reeb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: May 06, 2015, 06:53:01 AM »

Silver Edge feels like it works on a few heroes really well but it seems like every team I play against, their carry will build it. It's a good counter to heroes like PA or Faceless but is it worth it if the enemy team doesn't have many passives?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3307 on: May 06, 2015, 07:14:58 AM »

Silver Edge feels like it works on a few heroes really well but it seems like every team I play against, their carry will build it. It's a good counter to heroes like PA or Faceless but is it worth it if the enemy team doesn't have many passives?

better shadow blade
maim
passive disable

uh. yes.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: May 06, 2015, 10:20:49 AM »

bad dota players will alawys buy shadow blade

better shadow blade just makes them even more excited about it

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3309 on: May 09, 2015, 04:49:01 AM »

Has anyone else noticed a drastic difference in match quality when playing during the week vs weekend?

I've noticed that when I play ranked during the week, everyone is playing in logical, rational ways. Nobody is spamming chat or over emotional.
On the weekends however, I feel like I have no control whatsoever over the outcome of a game, the type of players the games are filled with is just unbelievable.

My theory is that there is a very large group of dota players who will only binge on weekends every month or so, they don't maintain their skills by playing regularly and somehow expect to win every game of their weekend binge
I basically cannot play ranked games on the weekend because there's a higher than 50% chance that some emotional casual will throw every single game, sigh.

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3310 on: May 15, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »

Has anyone else noticed a drastic difference in match quality when playing during the week vs weekend?

I made a comment to much the same effect a few pages back and was assured that MMR is infallible and they're the same level as me. This isn't true, of course, otherwise servers wouldn't have different 'real' values for recorded MMR - a 4k Korean player vs a 4k EU player, for instance, the EU player is going to stomp every time.

MMR is a relational statistic. MMR of 3k from 4-8pm EST on US East on weekdays is as different to 3k MMR 1-5AM US East on weekends is as different to MMR of 3k on EU West from 4 - 8pm GMT +2.

It has no bearing on your "actual" skill level, only how well you play against the other people that play in your environment. The "real" value of MMR varies from server to server, and even inside those servers, time slots of play to time slots of play.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: June 13, 2015, 12:25:12 AM »

http://www.dota2.com/reborn/part1/

We back in beta now.

MrBones
« Reply #3312 on: June 14, 2015, 05:29:10 PM »

i am both intrigued and not surprised
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3313 on: June 15, 2015, 04:51:58 AM »

really? Seems pretty surprising to me.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3314 on: June 15, 2015, 05:02:34 AM »

I was not expecting all this, I'd heard about the custom games thing, but didn't expect to see it coming so soon.
That new UI is so slick

bitserum
« Reply #3315 on: June 15, 2015, 07:16:32 AM »

Looks really nice, really looking forward to custom games/maps. Though I'm happiest about new MMR categorizations.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: June 16, 2015, 11:56:48 PM »

http://www.dota2.com/reborn/part2/

CUSTOM. GAMES.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: June 17, 2015, 01:57:11 AM »

I'll try not to get sidetracked this time (~10 years the wiser) and certainly look at this when it drops.
Even just the example material they said they'll release I can't wait for, see how things are properly done by industry professionals.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: June 17, 2015, 04:50:55 AM »

Plot twist: The real reason Valve is adding custom games is so that their next franchise can be spawned from a popular mod of Dota 2. Wink

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: June 17, 2015, 04:54:00 AM »

you know, this is probably truer than you think haha
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168
Print