Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:12:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 515512 times)
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 19, 2012, 01:06:40 AM »

either, chicks dig guys who are really into anime

woah there

are you telling me that I can get laid by watching these chinese cartoons?
Bandages
« Reply #1901 on: November 19, 2012, 01:34:23 AM »

There's probably no hope for you, unfortunately

Especially if you're just going to set yourself up for a sick burn like that
ink.inc
« Reply #1902 on: November 19, 2012, 01:50:42 AM »

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 19, 2012, 02:10:53 AM »

i swear there is only 2 anime girls in your whole anime girl things

robots shaking hands

an accusing robot

a robot holding its hand

a magic robot

a robot doesnt like going in the water

is this really about me, wonders this robot

a robot in a robot
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 19, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »

would a monster king anime be about a robot instead of a monster king

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: November 19, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »

The Running Man

via cactus

turn on captions for english subs
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:30:12 PM by Andy Wolff » Logged

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 19, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »

would a monster king anime be about a robot instead of a monster king

it can be both
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 20, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »

Telling my past self in p14
FUCK U I WON'T READ THIS THREAD BACK TO p132

Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 20, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »

I just rewatched the first NGE episode and it's really unbearable. I immediately dropped it after watching it the first time but I guess I'll force myself to watch the next episodes this time and see if it keeps being so cliche. Really, the dialogues were gruesome. Misato is executed badly and terribly inconsistend and the relationship between Ikari and his son; hell the approach of the whole crew towards Shinji is totally implausible. Feels like some 14 year old has written the script. Well, I hope this gets clarified somehow... . At least, the opening is really good.

Edit: I just watched the second episode and did not yet see any more potential. Apart from the beer can joke, it plainly sucked. Really, it's full of logical flaws and other minor mistakes straight from the beginning. So far, I don't get why it is considered a masterpiece at all.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:07:16 PM by Lauchsuppe » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #1909 on: November 20, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »

I just rewatched the first NGE episode and it's really unbearable. I immediately dropped it after watching it the first time but I guess I'll force myself to watch the next episodes this time and see if it keeps being so cliche. Really, the dialogues were gruesome. Misato is executed badly and terribly inconsistend and the relationship between Ikari and his son; hell the approach of the whole crew towards Shinji is totally implausible. Feels like some 14 year old has written the script. Well, I hope this gets clarified somehow... . At least, the opening is really good.

it's full of tropes and cliches because it made those tropes and cliches. nge laid the groundwork for dozens of copycats for years to come.

watching the tatami galaxy while i paint things
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 20, 2012, 05:17:47 PM »

it's full of tropes and cliches because it made those tropes and cliches. nge laid the groundwork for dozens of copycats for years to come.

I don't think that a recipient straight from the 90s wouldn't notice how terribly executed Misato is. Those cheesy motives I critizised have been there before and not only been present in anime, but also in other storytelling media long before. I am not even pointing at the fact that the obvious protagonist is barely 14 years old or the idea of a neo tokyo. The characters are not authentic at all - on the other hand, they also don't feel like ably caricatures. Not even Dragonball Z is this bad.
But I'm curious, what exactly was NGE considered groundbreaking for?
ink.inc
« Reply #1911 on: November 20, 2012, 05:23:43 PM »

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/6999/Is-Evangelion-truly-ground-breaking/0?sid=88f2110cb23aeafc76c6c56813fbdbc6/?

I personally thought Evangelion was just okay. The art direction/religious imagery (which i think are super cool) are what kept me watching.
VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1912 on: November 20, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »

ink.inc
« Reply #1913 on: November 20, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »

ink.inc
« Reply #1914 on: November 20, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1915 on: November 20, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »

While we're linking these things anyways,

is probably still the best one.
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 20, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »

I don't think that a recipient straight from the 90s wouldn't notice how terribly executed Misato is. Those cheesy motives I critizised have been there before and not only been present in anime, but also in other storytelling media long before. I am not even pointing at the fact that the obvious protagonist is barely 14 years old or the idea of a neo tokyo. The characters are not authentic at all - on the other hand, they also don't feel like ably caricatures. Not even Dragonball Z is this bad.

I'm not even a huge Eva fan, but I think you're going a bit over-the-top.
If anything, I think Shinji's reaction to being told 'hey, go save the world' is pretty realistic. If having teenage protagonists in your anime is a problem, maybe anime is not for you...
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1917 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »

Edit: I just watched the second episode and did not yet see any more potential. Apart from the beer can joke, it plainly sucked. Really, it's full of logical flaws and other minor mistakes straight from the beginning. So far, I don't get why it is considered a masterpiece at all.

The series has a veeeery slow build up to the actually great moments. The frist episodes feel like stright out of a cheesyanime. Wait until tey fight the 9th angel. It's pretty much when the author projects all his depression within the show and sets the story quite off rails given the initial episodes.

When I first atched it I felt more like you during those episodes. I was willing to accept that probably got cleverer as time passed by or smth. And then shit, I had to work my way to keep watching it because it was so traumatic.

The series works his way to deconstruct a lot of common tropes in most anime, but specially mecha animes. But initally sets the standard tropes and slowly goes into his way of dissasembling them.

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 20, 2012, 11:17:38 PM »

this one was really catchy

Conker534
« Reply #1919 on: November 21, 2012, 01:49:35 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic