Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:38:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBlitz Meet [fin]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Blitz Meet [fin]  (Read 27315 times)
Catman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »

Nice! I look forward to trying this with my little brother! Smiley
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »

Okay guys, as promised here is the first beta release of the game! There are many art assets that are still being worked on or missing(music), but the game is VERY playable. So kick back with some buddies, put on some hectic music, and enjoy. Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I'd be happy to return the favor.

Check out the readMe file before playing too.

DOWNLOAD LINK

-Supports keyboard controls and up to 2 gamepads
-Windows only

My roommates and I had a chance to sit down and play. We had a blast.

@Ashkin - Now you can see them in-game   Wink

@Catman - Awesome I hope you guys enjoy it.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Bumped to 80%.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »

Played it by myself and I totally pwned me. Smiley Seems like it would be a lot of fun when played with someone else for sure! PS that flag on the right is totally awesome. Wink

Feedback! The barriers don't really look like barriers to me, more like columns that are holding up the roof. You could make a stone wall that is like 4 layers thick and gradually falls away as it gets hit.

Angelbait
Level 1

SCARY!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »

Damn!  Have to wait till I get home to play!  *shakes fist*

EDIT: Got home and played it till I beat the other bro so bad, he didn't even know he got beat so bad...  Its fun man!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:58:53 PM by Angelbait » Logged

Current: Cows With Guns           BLOG/TWEET/FB
Ashkin
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 12:59:32 AM »

Tried it by myself, will try to get my brother to play later.
FEEDBACK TIME.
It's really solid right now. The jumping/hitting feels good to me. However, I would really like it if you could allocate jumping to the 'up' key rather than adding an extra button for no real reason.
The art is excellent. I love the particles in the middle, and I love you for not making the torch flames flicker all at the same time, but instead moving at different intervals and not making them same-ish. That doesn't make sense but whatever. Can't wait 'til you get some shaking + flag movement in there. The background tiles are cool too. Maybe have some particles for when the walls are hit? Splintering wood?
I also agree that maybe the wood walls might not work- stone walls would work fine though.
More! More! Mooooore!
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 01:30:01 AM »

Just had a go with my girlfriend and got completely owned. Great fun, nice work with it.

Agree about the jump being the arrow key instead of another button. Did have a glitch at one point with the jetpack where i ended up behind my wall and couldn't get out. Took a screenshot to show what i mean. Think stopping the character being able to go above the screen with the jetpack would clear up that issue.

Stuck behind wall

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 07:01:52 AM »

eigenbom-Yes, that flag is! Seems like others are feeling the same way about barriers not feeling like barriers so I'll give stone walls a try like you and Ashkin suggested.

@Angelbait-Glad you and your bro had fun with it!

@Ashkin-I appreciate the feedback/encouragement man  Smiley. Yeah I get what you're saying about the flames. It's really only a 4 frame animation and I made them all start on a different frame on each platform. I'll get working on the flag movement/stone walls this weekend. Have you tried configuring the jump key to the up direction?

@Franklins Ghost-It's nice to hear people are having a good time with it. And thanks for pointing that jet pack bug out. It should be a simple fix.

I'll post an update Sunday guys. Thanks for all the encouragement!

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »

Excited for this update!

Roommates and I playing  Smiley. Windows media player squished the video but it's good enough.

Newest build download
Beta v2 Download

Title screen art-

-finished the menu/title
-added a few more sounds
-bug fixes
-balanced the embers
-the flags sway now as the ball passes them. Math!
-added wood splinters to the doors
-the platforms lower down on rope now
-if you win a match and your door has taken damage, it's health is set back to the last checkpoint. For example: if you win a match and your door has been hit twice (during that match), the two hits are voided.

News about the music-
I'm going to hire my roommate to do some good battle music for the game. He's a super talented guy and hopefully he'll fire up his hammond organ for the tunes!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:50:10 PM by Seasons » Logged

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »

watched the vid, looking good!

do u think the intensity of the matches could be increased by letting the player move into the other side of the 'court', even if its only by a half or so?

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »

This game looks like great fun. Ill have to dl and find a friend....

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »

watched the vid, looking good!

do u think the intensity of the matches could be increased by letting the player move into the other side of the 'court', even if its only by a half or so?

@eigenbom - See your flag swaying in all its glory  Cheesy? I like your idea. It could be cool if there was a power up that took away the barrier for a short time, and when it ran out the player would be transported back to his own side. I would like to keep the players seperated the majority of the time though. I'll have to fool around with it. Thanks for watching  Smiley

@Windybeard - Yeah get someone to play with! We've been having a lot of fun with it at my house.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »

Heh, yeh i saw the flag, very nice!

Maybe the barrier should actually move, so every time I hit the ball consecutively without u hitting it, my play space increases and yours decreases?

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »

That would be cool but the majority of the time it's just a back and forward, one hit each. It might even slow things down if someone was trying to game it by hitting the ball just vertically. The classic mode right now is really fun so I for sure want to keep it as is, but multiple play modes would be great and very easy to implement.

namragog
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »

Looking awesome, but... *cough*  Who, Me?
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »

namragog  Coffee! I'll send you the thing before this day's end.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »

i want the thing too!

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2012, 11:15:33 PM »

I think for simplicity one hit against the wall should translate to one of those orange ticks or whatever filling up. I think it'd more clearly put across the state the game is in.

Also maybe do a little flicker effect or something when your powerup is about to go away so it isn't such a sudden loss. It's helpful.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:10:57 AM by Jakman4242 » Logged

Angelbait
Level 1

SCARY!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »

I think for simplicity one hit against the wall should translate to one of those orange ticks or whatever filling up. I think it'd more clearly put across the state the game is in.

Also maybe do a little flicker effect or something when your powerup is about to go away so it isn't such a sudden loss. It's helpful.

Second both of these! 

I wouldn't mind seeing a double ball attack!  Random powerup after 3 or so go into the pit from the same player and BLAMO, second ball enters the fray?

PS - the Thing peaks my interest....

Current: Cows With Guns           BLOG/TWEET/FB
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »

Totally agree. It used to only take 3 hits to destroy the wall but the game would only last a minute or so. Right now the games are roughly 3-5 minutes long which I think is a good number. I just need to find an aesthetically pleasing way to show your progress. It's very confusing right now to know how much health your door has... I could just have 3 doors(that are destroyed after 3 hits) on each side and get rid of the match system. You could really judge your progress that way.

@Angelbait - That's not a bad idea! I might make a bunch of crazy buffs and have a list like in smash bros. where you can turn certain ones on and off. I don't know.

Concerning the thingCorny Laugh

namragog
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

Well, I'm going to do The Thing, so don't worry about it  Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic