Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:43:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnvironmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Environmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]  (Read 207072 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: October 08, 2014, 09:14:14 AM »

In the grassy area the enemies are behind the outer grass but in front of the walls so when they are against the walls they kind of peek though. It's especially noticeable with the ceiling worm enemies.

(also the game is great)
NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 08, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »

You know I voted!

playing the demo:
Opening cinematic is fantastic, really just throws you into it.

Music is A+^10.

Platforming feels so so good.

Thought: In one of the streams you said the first minute or so out of the ship was intentionally silent and I thought that was a really cool idea. Now it has music? I love the music, but I think the silence was a really cool touch.

Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: October 08, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »

All my dreams came true  Hand Clap

my twitter. my itch.io page.
Rusk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 08, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »

What a great surprise. Downloading the demo is going slooooowly... must be popular! Wink
Berry
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 09, 2014, 02:28:30 AM »

Hey Hempuli! Love the demo!
I love eveything about it. The sounds are great. The music is awesome! Love the mechanics and ambiance!

A few notes:
1: I agree that the respawn is too slow. It looks really cool, but it takes too long.
2: In the room before the last save point (the one before the boss) I jumped up while going through a door and I also had to avoid the 2 blob-like enemies. Then I entered the next room, and I stood on top of the ceiling! I tried to go back but I couldn't. I walked past the fans and into the boss room. There I jumped over the top of the room to the right, where I fell into darkness and had to restart the game. I don't know if one of the enemies hit me and give me an extra boost or something to end up there. Might want to fix that!
kruxus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: October 09, 2014, 04:33:48 AM »

Please add d-pad support for movement!
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1006 on: October 09, 2014, 04:54:53 AM »

@kruxus: Unfortunately that's impossible at the moment Sad I'd need a dedicated gamepad support thing that specifically supports the d-pad. I really hope that can be managed some day, though! Try playing with a retro gamepad (SNES, NES etc), those do work.

I've updated the demo! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/323687528/1412858916

Fixes the loading thing Berry and others mentioned while also fixing some graphical/layout bugs. Thanks everyone for your support, compliments and feedback! Hopefully we'll get this Greenlight through and everything will be butterflies and candy Smiley

Oleg Klishin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1007 on: October 09, 2014, 08:13:56 AM »

I had problems with no d-pad support on X360 controller as well. But that didn't stop me from finishing the demo 2 times, both 1st and upgraded vesrions. You can try to leave keyboard controls, but using JoyToKey for gamepad. I played Hydorah this way, because I found it impossible to play withoud d-pad.

Also I'm interested how many secrets did you guys found (no spoilers)? I've got 1 health upgrade and saw a super-secret terminal on some youtube video. Wonder if this demo has any more, or are they all left for full version.

I'm so hyped about this for the last several months. This is the perfect sense of lo-fi, loneliness, melancholy and exploration. Greatest homage to THAT EXACT FEEL of Super Metroid I've seen.

Art portfolio and social media links: olegklishin.com
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1008 on: October 09, 2014, 08:15:16 AM »

Finished the earlier version of the demo, then checked out the update and was very impressed by your quick additions. Quick restart is handled fantastically! I'm so glad to see this coming together at last. If you need an addition to your team of testers, I would be excessively happy to help.

A little feedback:
  • You don't need to include the instructions screen to the right of the first save booth.
  • I didn't like the shooting sound effect at first, but grew used to it. I'm convinced it could be better, though.
  • The ship being completely silent in the intro was strange. Hopefully the full version changes this.
  • The map layout is odd, but I'm guessing that's because you shuffled rooms around to create the demo. I'd be interested in how cohesive I feel it is in the actual game.
jiitype
« Reply #1009 on: October 09, 2014, 09:25:59 AM »

For some reason the game runs half the speed it's supposed to Undecided yea my pc is old but wtf
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: October 09, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »

Voted.

I don't know how I've not noticed the game before, but I just got to say that it looks just amazing. Everything from the art to the little mechanics in the gameplay.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:26:03 AM by pikkukatti » Logged

DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 09, 2014, 06:52:21 PM »

For some reason the game runs half the speed it's supposed to Undecided yea my pc is old but wtf

Yeah it runs slow on my laptop too. Might have to do with the graphics driver? CWOUN doesn't run slow for me though, so I don't think it's entirelty MMF2 related.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: October 09, 2014, 08:47:38 PM »

The current version of the game/demo has some pretty inefficient graphics code; we're actually looking to it with a friend who's more knowledgeable about these things Smiley

phyerboss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: October 10, 2014, 04:30:00 AM »

Awesome looking work!

And by 1 guy no-less! I've been seeing some pretty interesting MMF games lately!

Beta Coming Soon!
Commander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 10, 2014, 05:10:52 AM »

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1015 on: October 10, 2014, 07:23:02 AM »

Wow congrats! It's been a while but well worth it - I showed the trailer video to my son and he is now interested in ESA and Metroid lol.

[edit]
Hope you don't get annoyed with all the Metroid comparisons, as there are clearly some big differences, but I think to nail that vibe (and come on - abandoned planet/space station with bad aliens?) is quite an awesome feat.

Voted.

Tadeon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: October 10, 2014, 07:53:05 AM »

Played demo. I love the art style and the opening cinematic. Good luck with greenlight. Hyvä peli. Smiley

Sigma_100
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 10, 2014, 02:37:58 PM »

I've been following this game for over two years now, and I am SO EXCITED!  Voted yes on Greenlight of course, can't wait to try the demo.

Congratulations on finishing, Hempuli!
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: October 10, 2014, 03:25:22 PM »

Thanks, everyone! You've been very kind and supportive Embarrassed Smiley It feels great to get this one done, although I'm sure there's still a long way ahead.

NEWS! There's now an OS X version available along with an update to the Windows version! Read the announcement here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/323687528/1412982809

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: October 10, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »

The OS X download is screwed up. If I click it, it takes me to this:

If I right click the link and save it, it downloads what appears to be a corrupt zip file instantly.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic