Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:05:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534116 times)
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: January 15, 2015, 04:53:14 AM »

eh well, these are just first impressions i haven't played through much yet so..  Shrug
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4481 on: January 15, 2015, 05:19:32 AM »

sweet jesus

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: January 15, 2015, 05:24:33 AM »

-Players will gain access to a new item: The Agape Ring. When players equip the new Agape Ring, souls collected from kills during online play will be absorbed by the ring rather than the player. This allows players to control their online matchmaking experience by limiting their total souls collected.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: January 15, 2015, 05:46:04 AM »

This patch is full of things I want. I really like the thing where you can go to highlighted areas for easier matchmaking, and the increased rewards for blues and bloods killing each other.

Still though... do you think people are going to invade now? I rarely saw any invasions in DS2 before this patch, and if the red eye orbs are as expensive as they've always been, then I'm not sure if there will be enough incentive to attempt it. I hope there'll be some invading because I always liked the dynamic between the pvp covenants in DS2, even though it didn't work out so well in practice.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: January 15, 2015, 05:47:22 AM »

if you wanna be invaded, SIN

also lol people getting mad over nothing on the steam forums again. afaik the old version of dks2 will get a content patch in april and the new npc in the february patch is just a sneak peek.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #4485 on: January 15, 2015, 05:50:00 AM »

if you wanna be invaded, SIN
Can you sin and still be protected by blues? I could try it but it seems to go against the flavor of those factions, haha.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: January 15, 2015, 08:04:13 AM »

Definitely seems like PvP will be better with more incentives, but they should really just remove SM already.

As far as comparisons go, 2 doesn't have as good level design sensibilities as 1 but I still found it to be leaps and bounds ahead of most games I've played so idk Shrug

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 15, 2015, 08:34:10 AM »

As far as comparisons go, 2 doesn't have as good level design sensibilities as 1 but I still found it to be leaps and bounds ahead of most games I've played so idk Shrug

yeah same here. is dark souls 2 disappointing compared to dks1 and demon's? hell yes! is it still a really really good game? hell yes!
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 15, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »

Finally some sensible choices.  Especially good are the invasion rewards that basically take it back to DeS where you invade to become human.  All we need now are full orbs.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: January 15, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »

i don't think this is that big of a deal tbh seeing as how plentiful human effigies are in the game already and how slight the penalty for dying is compared to demon's.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4490 on: January 15, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »

I've been playing more DS1 lately and I beat DeS for the first time recently as well, and while I agree that both are vastly superior to DS2, I do find myself missing some of the straight forwardness of DS2 as plebian as that sounds. In DS2, the glut of humanoid enemies allowed for silly load outs to become totally viable whereas in some areas of DS1 and DeS I wouldn't be caught dead without the highest attack rating I can muster (Shrine of Storms 2-2, seriously does anybody even like that shit?). Perhaps that speaks to the difficulty of the games more than anything, and maybe I'm just wearing rose-colored glasses because I haven't tinkered with DS2 in awhile. I often think I got the best experience a Souls fan could want, because by playing DS2 first I have nostalgia for a game that is universally considered bland by DS1 and DeS comparisons.   

Also, Tower of Latria got me extra hyped for bloodborne. What a cool area.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 16, 2015, 02:59:40 AM »

nah it's definitely possible to beat both des and dks1 with a bad build. i used a terrible build on my first des playthrough, including heavy armor which means i played through the entirety of the game without rolling.+

what's the problem with 2-2?
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 16, 2015, 03:42:19 AM »

2-2 i think he/she is referring to those annoying ghost dudes who take a lot of damage.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 16, 2015, 04:08:36 AM »

u mean the ones where u can just kill the grim reapers and they all die?
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 16, 2015, 05:24:49 AM »

yes lol
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4495 on: January 16, 2015, 08:30:13 AM »

no that part is very easy, I'm talking about the flying manta rays that just hang out and pelt you with projectiles while you're fighting the skeletons.

4-1 has a bad area like that too, but I find 4-2's section more annoying for whatever reason
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 16, 2015, 08:33:10 AM »

thiefs ring bro
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4497 on: January 16, 2015, 08:36:45 AM »

missed it my first playthrough  Shrug

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4498 on: January 16, 2015, 09:15:23 AM »

honestly never had much trouble with that part, the shots are pretty slow and easy to judge plus you dont even have to fight those guys, you can easily just run right past, which tbh is what i think the game means for you to do, the parts where they're firing at you it really felt like the game meant for it to be pressure to keep moving quickly.

speaking of shrine of storms though ,man, now stuff like the boss area from that is what dks2 was missing the most. yeah it was an easy boss but talk about memorable...pulling the stormruler from the stone and slashing the sky to take down that HUGE manta. the enemies and boss battles in 2 just didnt have any style to them :/

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 16, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »

to be honest, dark souls 1 already had less memorable "gimmick" based bosses than demon's (bed of chaos is only memorable because it sucks Tongue). demon's had the most conceptually interesting bosses, but so many of the fights just didn't really work in practice and were trivially easy. so as a result dks1 focuses a bit more on hard but relatively "conventional" boss fights.

dks2 bosses are just whatever. the entire game suffers from a lack of quality control. also like i said, there are no noteworthy minibosses and not a lot of cool setpiece fights. every area works according to a certain formula and every enemy encounter is just a variation on that formula. or thats what it feels like at least.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic