Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:52:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534114 times)
JWK5
« Reply #4860 on: April 05, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »

Please tell me I can still get two sets of claws and go all Wolverine on the enemies!
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4861 on: April 05, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »

oh btw i actually really like the unseen village

It's just the content recycling. It is very underwhelming being in a place so similar to central yharnam (in visuals) with the same enemies, especially at that stage of the game. That's more than just unseen village though, a lot of later stuff is just reskins. That's probably one of my biggest complaints with the game.

its actually a pretty good system. its like estus with a built in punishment for being too trigger happy with it. healing actually MEANS something in this game. in every other souls game i would heal whenever i took even the slightest dmg, because either there were too many healing items (des, dks2) or youd get a free refill anyway so wasting them didnt matter much (both dark souls games). in bloodborne im actually thinking carefully about using vials.

with a boss like logarius it really sucks though, it reminds me of the days of getting stuck on flamelurker. you could sit there and attempt to learn all of his moves without using any vials, but eventually you'll make a failed attempt and lose a bunch in the process. it bothers me in the same way that ds2's hollowing approach does in that it severely punishes players who already proved themselves to be terrible at the game lol. 

i think the only problem with ds1's healing was that you could get 20. my first playthrough i didn't understand the concept of kindling until i beat pinwheel, so i played 75% of the games main bosses on 5 estuses and i savored every single one.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4862 on: April 05, 2015, 12:11:27 PM »

Please tell me I can still get two sets of claws and go all Wolverine on the enemies!

no but you can get a weapon that literally turns your arms into werewolf arms

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: April 05, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »

U would probably hate bloodborne because they removed pretty much all the cheese from the game
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4864 on: April 05, 2015, 01:07:56 PM »

my copy of sotfs should be arriving soon should i burn it and shave bloodborne into my head
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: April 05, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

apparently leaving BB on too long makes bosses lose movesets

http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/31bogg/how_to_active_bloodborne_easy_mode/

play hydlide 2
Dragonmaw
« Reply #4866 on: April 05, 2015, 05:02:51 PM »

just beat gascoigne, he's a bastard of a fight, and i died to him like six times while figuring out his moveset, but i got him in the end. no summons or music either!

also found the cleric beast. beat him first try, and only using a single blood vial lmao

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4867 on: April 05, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »

i love the gascoigne fight. the music and the way it ramps up... sooooooo good.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4868 on: April 05, 2015, 08:10:17 PM »

map of the forbidden forest, including all secrets.

http://i.imgur.com/YaHEFaF.png

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4869 on: April 05, 2015, 08:36:32 PM »

nailed it
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: April 06, 2015, 12:36:57 AM »

tbh the heavy str weapons in this game are kinda cheesy, especially against normal mobs, because you can just stagger everything with them. im playing a skl/bloodtinge build now using the cane, and i have to rely on parrying a lot more. also ammo management becomes a concern.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: April 06, 2015, 05:33:14 AM »

cane gets really easy (well, easier, not really easy) after a few upgrades / bloodstones.  the most important thing is how the whip version has enough range to hit most enemies and give you plenty of time to back up, also whip has good mob control. and normal R1 is can lock some enemies (some will still attack after a few hits).

a lot of bosses that are big with heads can be staggered w/ jumping R2 in whip mode, or even just regular whip R1.

though now that i think about it, early on was prettyr ough. not sure if that was me getting used to it or what. for the fast, human-sized bosses i did have to rely on parry for help.

play hydlide 2
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: April 06, 2015, 06:21:00 AM »

im sure its just me adapting to a different playstyle haha (i was never a big fast weapon/dex person to begin with, even in the old souls games).

the whip has very good range but it has no charge attack and the arc means it bounces off of scenery a lot, esp in the more cramped levels.

------------------------------------------------------

speaking of which, ive changed my opinion on the visual clutter. it was just a matter of adjusting from the souls games more spare environments to bloodborne's busier ones and it became much easier to find my way around over time. they also seemed to be going for more mazelike level designs in general, which is actually pretty cool.

its also atmospherically really nice i think. they hit you with the busiest and most cramped city levels right at the start (central yharnam, old yharnam cathedral ward) and then when you get to the more "open" areas like forbidden woods and hemwick it's a real breather haha. or at least it was for me. they absolutely nailed the oppressive vibe of early modern european cities.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: April 06, 2015, 10:37:32 AM »

btw does anyone understand the gregorian style latin chant in the unseen village? im 100% certain its actual latin and not some fantasy language but the only word i can make out is "sanguine" ("with blood"). my latin is unfortunately pretty rusty and the reverb doesnt help. also p sure this is supposed a reference to the movie The Omen.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:25 AM »

btw i played a bit of scholar of the WORST SHIT. the graphics upgrade is seriously nothing to write home about, at least on pc. guess we'll never see dks2 with the original lighting. Sad

triple post but igdaf
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:12:34 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4875 on: April 06, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »

scholar is really good. Who cares about the graphics update? They fixed all the really fucked up item placement (dull ember etc), restructured the first half of the game (new fragrant branch of yore/statue placements) to make it a lot more open, and made the levels as good as they possibly could be without new geo.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: April 06, 2015, 11:18:41 AM »

I heard rumors that there are more uses for torches/sconces in scholar, is this true? Because I actually enjoyed lighting the sconces in ds2 and was sorta disappointed when I found out it didn't do anything.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4877 on: April 06, 2015, 11:32:28 AM »

if you adjust the brightness to be as low as they recommend, then yeah. ive used the torch a lot.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: April 06, 2015, 12:22:26 PM »

i literally just played it for 5 minutes to check out graphics/performance stuff lol. i can't go back to dork soles 2 after bloodborne. at least not yet. :/

also i would just really really really love to play the game with the rad e3 lighting ://
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:00:11 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: April 06, 2015, 01:11:09 PM »

I heard rumors that there are more uses for torches/sconces in scholar, is this true? Because I actually enjoyed lighting the sconces in ds2 and was sorta disappointed when I found out it didn't do anything.

just buy it. at 15 euros (if you have all the dlc for the original) it's a no brainer.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic