Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 07:21:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogstinyfight (working title)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: tinyfight (working title)  (Read 3063 times)
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2012, 11:27:41 AM »

tinyfight (I hate picking names) is a 2D 2-player top-down mini-strategy game. hyphon.

How it works
The way it works is pretty simple. The playing field is separated into lanes. Each player has a base at either end of the playing field, and each base spawns "goons" every half-second that make their way towards the enemy base. When the goon reaches the base, it does a set amount of damage and self-destructs. If a goon hits another goon, both self-destruct. Protecting each base is a shield. If a goon hits the enemy shield, it does damage and self-destructs. So the shield is sort of a buffer for the base.

The player can build things in their base, like turrets and shield rechargers. This uses up Power, which slowly regenerates over time, letting players build up their base as a match progresses.

First base to zero health loses.

So yeah...
I've just been working on this over the past week, and it's pretty rough but also pretty close to being feature-complete. It needs better art because I have no skillz, but that's something to think about once I've got the game working.

It's for PC at the moment, but I think it could work pretty well on mobiles. I might do that if it pans out.

tl;dr - Plants vs. Zombies but for 2 players.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:50:25 PM by barley » Logged

devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »

Looks nice, waiting for more Smiley
W3REWOLF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »

This looks like an alternate take on my current game. It's cool to see someone else with a similar idea.  Hand Joystick

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 03:07:05 AM »

This looks like an alternate take on my current game. It's cool to see someone else with a similar idea.  Hand Joystick
Oh wow, it really does. Yours looks awesome, though. Good luck with it!
Looks nice, waiting for more Smiley
Thanks! I'm doing some work adding new buildings to it now, so I'll post up some more info soon.

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 12:13:16 PM »

I've been a bit busy with work for the past few days, so I haven't done as much as I'd like. I've worked on an "IP Match" mode, where you just enter the IP of the player you'd like to play with, as well as a "Random Match" mode where the server matches you up to the next person to connect to it.

I've also added a "Wall" building. Exciting. It just takes more goon damage than the other buildings, so it can be used to protect them when the shield goes down.

Haite
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:02:05 PM »

Interesting idea, looking forward next updates!
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »

Sounds interesting. I like the art style. Looking forward to giving it a shot. Smiley

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »

Thanks guys!

I've been just fixing bugs and making things work a bit better the past couple of days. Today I've redone the shading on the goons. They weren't really intended to be permanent, but lots of people keep saying that they like them so I thought I might as well make them look a bit better.

I'm still not sure about them, but I like them a little bit more now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic