Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 01:13:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRenegade Sector: Treasure of the Abandoned City
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Renegade Sector: Treasure of the Abandoned City  (Read 18707 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »

The game is now available:  http://renegadesector.com/treasure-of-the-abandoned-city/

Tales of the Renegade Sector Episode 6:  Treasure of the Abandoned City
Seasons and I have been working on a new installation of my episodic Sci-Fi action-adventure series Tales of the Renegade Sector.  Seasons is a wonderful pixel artist, and it's been a blast working with him.  This is shaping up to be one of the best and largest Renegade Sector episodes yet.

For those that don't know, Tales of the Renegade Sector is a series of Top-Down Action-Adventure games starring Space Pirate Captain McCallery on his adventures through the lawless regions of space known as the Renegade Sector.  Captain McCallery is in search of Laserbeard's Treasures, which are hidden across a series of planets.

This time around, that quest will take him to the gates of a long-abandoned city.  In searching for the treasure, The Captain will uncover a history of conspiracy and treachery that drove the city to ruin, and battle the Stone Golems that guard the lifeless city.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:54:03 AM by Alec S. » Logged

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

That's some wonderful pixel art, your artist is really doing a good job. I haven't heard or played 'Tales of the Renegade Sector' but I guess now would be a good time to start Tongue

Anyway looking forward to what you do with this :D
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »

Game's looking good! I think the cliffs should have a border on the 'inside' of the walls (at the top of the cliff) so that you can differentiate them from the ground sand tiles. Maybe they should be lighter. Sounds interesting, nonetheless!

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »

I commented on Twitter, but it's looking great so far. Smiley

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »

This looks lovely. I'll give your other games a try when I get a chance

happy developing

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »

Thanks for the feedback and kind words guys. I love the Renegade Sector games and am stoked that I get to do the art for an episode.

Tonight I worked on the sprites for the enemies that throw the boulders and the boulders themselves. I've been streaming these sessions on my twitch.tv channel if you guys want to come hang out, listen to good tunes, and see the process. I don't have a set stream time, but I give some notice on twitter.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »

Thanks for the positive response, guys!

I'm currently working on making it so that items won't respawn once you've picked it up, and push-blocks can be set not to revert back to their original position when you leave a room.

EDIT:

Another GIF: 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:23:59 PM by Alec S. » Logged

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »

I've been streaming these sessions on my twitch.tv channel if you guys want to come hang out, listen to good tunes, and see the process.

Oh cool - live stream. I'll try to be there.. I would love to see how an experienced pixel-artist does his sprites  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 02:30:42 PM »

zede05
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 06:27:27 AM »

Very cool pixel art. Will there be more colors other than the red hue?

melos han-tani
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »

I think It's really cool to do art collabs on different epiaodest.looking forward to this.

Working on Anodyne 2! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=65359.0 Made Anodyne, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias
DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 09:46:05 PM »

Is there an easy way to find out when you are streaming (ie, twitter) or will you be streaming at scheduled times during the week/month?

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 10:57:14 PM »

Will there be more colors other than the red hue?

Yes. Cooler colors will be used for objects that are meant to catch the player's eye, like ammo crates, edible plants, and tough enemies.

Is there an easy way to find out when you are streaming (ie, twitter) or will you be streaming at scheduled times during the week/month?

I've been doing them fairly regularly around 6pm PST. You can follow me on twitter (link in my sig) if you want to get notice on the streams. I'll set up a regular schedule soon. If you want to watch past episodes, you can find them on my

. Also, if you make music that is nice to work to, PM me and I'd be glad to play it on the stream and share your stuff!

Here's an animation I worked on last time .
He's a tar monster that wears a skull he found laying around the pit. That belly bounce was inspired by Green's avatar.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 12:18:40 PM »

antoniodamala
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:13 PM »

this games looks fantastic.  Coffee
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »

that pic with the shadows falling across the empty roof. oof. so gorgeous.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »

Just spent the morning making to that those Tar Golems will sink back into the tar when crossing the tar to chase after The Captain.

Next up is programming a miniboss's behavior.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 11:26:03 AM »

Just spent the morning making to that those Tar Golems will sink back into the tar when crossing the tar to chase after The Captain.

Does the tar limit their speed?
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 11:49:19 AM »

Does the tar limit their speed?

Not currently, although I'll probably implement that.

marsfromvenus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 06:33:22 AM »

Where can we find the other 5 installments? Yeah yeah, google it, human interaction is more fun.

This looks really good!

Creation is the highest form of learning.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic