Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:53:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMother 4 - Stellar looking fanmade continuation of the Mother series
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Mother 4 - Stellar looking fanmade continuation of the Mother series  (Read 11656 times)
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »

I have to admit, the website for this is insanely professionally designed.  I'd easily mistake it for an official game site.  Everything I've seen of this team's work is volumes more professional than any other fanwork I've seen, which really speaks to their talents.
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »

Their staff list however lists no writers whatsoever so I wonder what's up with that. Hopefully it's an outdated list or they forgot to add the secondary tasks of each person in which they're equally as good as their art or whatever else they do. I wonder, is the guy who translated Mother 3 involved with this? He could perhaps better than anyone direct the plot and writing style of the game. It's probably easy enough to find out.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 11:46:04 PM »

Generally the creative director and concept designer are in charge of story related things, IIRC.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:11 AM »

i think it looks cool because imma pleb i guess
Dragonmaw
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2013, 01:37:12 AM »

sit in the corner, sinclair
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2013, 01:51:36 AM »

i think it looks cool because imma pleb i guess
No game appreciation allowed.  People enjoying games are the cancer that's ruining this site.
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2013, 02:06:46 AM »

You're a stupid fucking sewer animal and a pederast.  Fuck off.

USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST
haha
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2013, 03:11:25 AM »

Does Itoi speak English? He may not be enjoying Mother 4 at all unless they plan to do a simultaneous Japanese release.

Although there would be some strong irony in Japan not getting to enjoy a Mother game because the creators won't localize it.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2013, 03:31:37 AM »

Does Itoi speak English? He may not be enjoying Mother 4 at all unless they plan to do a simultaneous Japanese release.

Although there would be some strong irony in Japan not getting to enjoy a Mother game because the creators won't localize it.
I believe Japanese people are able to learn English. I think they have schools for that even. Like an education system in place and whatnot.

Also, I like this project. Major kudos to the people behind it.

Yeah.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2013, 05:53:33 AM »

Their staff list however lists no writers whatsoever so I wonder what's up with that. Hopefully it's an outdated list or they forgot to add the secondary tasks of each person in which they're equally as good as their art or whatever else they do. I wonder, is the guy who translated Mother 3 involved with this? He could perhaps better than anyone direct the plot and writing style of the game. It's probably easy enough to find out.
To the best of my knowledge, no member of the translation team is involved

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 06:36:27 AM »

It looks good and it's probably gonna be a good game but I don't like the use of the name "Mother 4", sounds pretentious and even disrespectful to me.

Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 09:01:58 AM »

Even if Itoi and Nintendo are really fine with fans making Mother 4, I still feel it's a bit weird for one arbitrary group of fans to claim this much ownership of it.  I'd be more comfortable with a Mother 4 game jam or something where a bunch of different fans do their takes on it.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 09:25:34 AM »

with so many atrocious officially licensed sequels and reboots coming out these days I don't see why a group of loving fans arbitrarily claiming a name (that any other group of fans could also claim) should make anyone particularly uncomfortable.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2013, 09:27:20 AM »

~hwo cars~

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »

i have one mother. i cant figure out what kind of fucked up octoploid youd have to be for this to work.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »

~hwo cars~
mother 4 as a name is c&d bait.
oh ok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2013, 08:10:49 AM »

lmao at this thread

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:17:11 AM by oh ok » Logged
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »

lmao at this thread

oh

ok
AshfordPride
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2013, 04:18:26 PM »

The game looks nice!

But I have to say, the thing that worries me about something like Mother is having a bunch of gushing fanboys making this the dream game they always wanted.  I feel like the temptation to put a pin on things that you liked about the past games would be a pretty big temptation.  Like, oh man Giygas was cool, we HAVE to have him in the game!  Or, oh man, we gotta bring back the Runaway Five!  And Porky too!  And we should do all the cool stuff that got cut from Mother 3! 

I think it'd be tough to show that sort of restraint, as a fan given the power of the creator.  That is power that fan was not meant to have.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 05:40:18 PM »

What worry me is the scenario and writing. They need to expend not replicate.

The fan culture child are growing old and get more skills, it's a matter of time before the confusion became absolutely in favor of the fan. It's not "entirely" new, gainax was made by fanboy, evangelion has been told to be a continuation of nausicaä by anno himself, The new simpson writers grew up with it and added new blood, but predating on original world and slowly getting praise for it is recent.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic