Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:53:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHearthstone
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 9238 times)
Conker534
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:59:45 AM »

Anyone else playing this game?

I've been in the beta for a while now, and I'm really enjoying it, cheaper then MTG I suppose!
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 02:16:37 AM »

I was playing it for 2 weeks or so, got to the diamond 2 on ranked and nailed Master on the arena and got bored.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:29:07 AM »

I hear it's cheaper, but does the gameplay hold up? I haven't paid much attention to this since it's made by Blizzard and they are famous for dumbing down games lately.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »

I can't really compare it to Magic, but I really enjoy it.

Conker534
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »

I really with that there was more variety to the heroes, I already know what I'm going to fight the moment the game starts.

But its beta and only one set of cards so it makes sense that its kinda getting bland.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »

Wait, should I try playing this game? I see people playing it on Lol streams and I never really got the point but if you guys think it's good, I should try it.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Conker534
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »

yeah its hella fun, just once you play for a while the decks get old real fast.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 04:06:19 AM »

it is just me, of have CCGs just become super popular in the last year?

antoniodamala
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 05:45:42 AM »

Yeah they kinda did became popular out of nowhere. Maybe it's Fantasy Flight's fault.

Hearthstone is probably the best virtual ccg I know, it has that juicy animation for everything. But gameplaywise I think it depends too much on luck, I mean I like it that way, but some people may not like it.

Also, it's a skinner box.
Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 07:58:49 AM »

For me coming from a background were i never played any tcgs is super awesome, because of it's high accessibility. it's super easy to pickup and play 2 or 3 rounds and then close it again. when this comes out for mobile it will be a total blast.

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 08:09:18 AM »

Yeah they kinda did became popular out of nowhere. Maybe it's Fantasy Flight's fault.
it's like it's the late 90s all over again (i still have my age of empires ccg starters)

it's really not surprising tho seeing as ccgs pioneered many of the business tactics now associated with f2p and microtransactions and shit like that

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 08:38:49 AM »

Yeah I feel that it is more due to the rise in popularity of f2p than anything else. CCGs seem to be a good fit for it.

The game is indeed super simple and accessible - yes it does have a huge element of luck but that is not to say there is no skill involved. And the sheer fact of its simplicity means that it will transition to mobile incredibly well; I can't wait to play Hearthstone in bed without having to use a wireless m/kb and squinting at the screen Evil

olücæbelel
antoniodamala
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 12:07:32 PM »

it's like it's the late 90s all over again (i still have my age of empires ccg starters)

it's really not surprising tho seeing as ccgs pioneered many of the business tactics now associated with f2p and microtransactions and shit like that

I will go ahead and say hearthstone refined to almost perfection the whole f2p loop. The battles are so quick that you keep wanting more, and when you think it's enough, looks like you have enough gold to go arena, then you go there and keep working the loop.

The game is indeed super simple and accessible - yes it does have a huge element of luck but that is not to say there is no skill involved. And the sheer fact of its simplicity means that it will transition to mobile incredibly well; I can't wait to play Hearthstone in bed without having to use a wireless m/kb and squinting at the screen Evil

Yeah, me too looks like a perfect game to play at leisure.

-

If you guys wanna throw down some challenge my battletag is: caocachorro

Decent Machine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »

Looks kinda fun! A guy from my development team is playing it non-stop!
antoniodamala
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 09:19:39 AM »

Ok, I think I'm done with hearthstone.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 08:48:22 PM »

lemme have your key
antoniodamala
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 08:24:59 AM »

If I get my hands on another key I'll send ya.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:30:17 AM by antoniodamala » Logged
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »

Just played the tutorial battles. Not sure if I liked it or not. I almost got bored during  the tutorials but will probably return to it later.

It was easy to play even though only tcg game I have played was Pokemon back in the day.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »

If I get my hands on another key I'll send ya.

hey man, thanks! turns out i got a key like the day after. i like it a lot so far.
antoniodamala
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »

Ty! Have fun on the arena Smiley

-

I've been trying to pin down why hearthstone gets boring so suddenly. Maybe is the lack of variety in playstles/cards(the game is young so it will probably improve on that); or maybe the game is so fast that you see all possible outcomes/builds in a shorter period of time than a longer game (e.g.magic).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic