Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:18:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for a collaborator
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a collaborator  (Read 714 times)
Nico May
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »

Hi, my name is Nico, and I've been trying to make games for a while now. I've made some small unreleased games, and entered ludum dare once: http://nicom1.github.io/ld48/. You are probably (rightly) thinking: "hey, why does he think he can ask for a collaborator with such little experience himself". I'd like to explain my reasoning. I have trouble sticking to ideas, and once I give up on one idea, I have a lot of trouble thinking of something new to start on. This led me to creating IceEntity: https://github.com/NicoM1/IceEntity a moderately known entity/scripting framework that runs on top of the wonderful HaxeFlixel. I built IceEntity because it was a way to work on something without having to brainstorm ideas, or think up gameplay. The reason I wanted to show IceEntity is that it is likely my largest portfolio item. No, it is not a game, but it does show some code skills, and even a bit of art in the screenshots. So my reasoning for wanting someone is work with is that it will force me to stick to something, its a lot harder to just stop something when its not only yours to give up on. I also need someone who has ideas, and is passionate enough about them to want to see them to fruition. So what I'm asking for is someone to work with, who can design, and preferably bring something to the table (art, code, music, whatever). I work in the Haxe language, which is pretty awesome, and easy to pick up for anyone used to higher level languages.

TLDR; Looking for someone with ideas, and some gamedev related skill.

Thank you for listening,
Nico

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic