Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:48:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLet's Talk Serious
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk Serious  (Read 11280 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 01:37:45 PM »

NEO: [being forcefully held down on the train track by Agent Smith] My name... A Borat...
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »

Weird video. I was waiting for him to bring up a Gamasutra article on one of the games she consulted on, but he didn't... I can only assume such an article doesn't exist. So where exactly is the conflict of interest? One tweet on her personal twitter where she is perfectly transparent about the fact she was involved in consulting on that game?

I guess it's hard for me to keep up with all the accusations being thrown around, but most of the supposed breaches in journalistic ethics I hear brought up seem tenuous at best (eg Zoe Quinn sleeping with Nathan Grayson so he would briefly mention her free game about depression in one news article?)

I mean, I think those articles they published about gamers being dead is a huge shot in the foot with a shotgun, because the advertisers are apparently REALLY ticked off and calling these websites.
Is there any evidence of this besides a random post on 4chan?

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 11:00:19 PM »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ohh wait i though you all talking about serious sam sorry mebad.

edit: in serious note, what actually happen? still bit of confuse here and trope vs woman thread is like 15 page long. Tired

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 11:28:32 PM »

You have Microsoft, feminist scholars, and I'd say the majority of the 'gamers' against you, you just gotta reconsider what you're doing, right?

I mean, I think those articles they published about gamers being dead is a huge shot in the foot with a shotgun, because the advertisers are apparently REALLY ticked off and calling these websites.

I haven't really thought about advertising but that makes sense. Leigh Alexander was harsh with her words on that article, and it can be misinterpreted. She doesn't mean that all gamers should go away and that we should all stop playing video games, she's just saying that we should be more open and let go of the gamer stereotype. At least that's what I got from it.

But I can see this looking bad for some in the media, after all a lot of the marketing is made based on the gamer stereotype.

And, really, it's not gonna stop. It just won't. Journalists and Developers HAVE to come clean.

Again, there are problems in journalism but there's not really that much to come clean, there's a lot of paranoia and conspiracy going on, like this:

Alright, I agree with him that would be nice for Leigh Alexander to put on her profile that she works for a consulting agency. But that's honestly not a big deal, I don't think that guy understands what Gamasutra is. It's not a consumer oriented website, but industry oriented. There are no previews, reviews or anything like that in there. So, no conflict of interest imo.

Also, her personal twitter is hers to do whatever she wants.

Like I've said before, it's hard to take people seriously when they're nitpicking about stuff like this and screaming about social justice ruining games.

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »

Alright, I agree with him that would be nice for Leigh Alexander to put on her profile that she works for a consulting agency.

Do people read profiles, though?
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »

Alright, I agree with him that would be nice for Leigh Alexander to put on her profile that she works for a consulting agency.

Do people read profiles, though?

Leigh Alexander

Lieutenant-Colonel Leigh Arbuthnot Alexander (4 July 1898 – 28 April 1943) was a career soldier and battalion commander. He also played first-class cricket in three matches in the 1920s. He was born at Umzinto, Colony of Natal, South Africa, and he was killed in action in Burma.

Alexander was the son of Major William Alexander and Ethel Rubina Arbuthnot and brother of Gilbert Alexander.

He commanded the 3rd Bn, 2nd Gurkha Rifles, and took part in the 1st Chindit expedition, a deep penetration raid behind Japanese lines, with the 77th Indian Infantry Brigade, when he died during the operation. His is buried in Taukkyan War Cemetery.

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »

So, a website that was "against Zoe Quinn" was taken out, apparently out of nowhere: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/821/225/05d.jpg

That's pretty fucked up.

It's getting harder and harder to defend either side.

HyperThermal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »

I have discovered some grave news.

Three developers are speaking out, saying that they are tired of being pushed around by the corrupt.

One of them, an indie developer named Paul Hubans, has had all of his friends and contacts abandon him after questioning the legitimacy of the Indie Games Festival, and he is possibly blacklisted.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »

which developers besides. also i'd like to read some Links

HyperThermal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 06:36:53 PM »

which developers besides. also i'd like to read some Links
Here are the links to their twitters.

https://twitter.com/DanielVavra
https://twitter.com/phubans
https://twitter.com/PipeWords
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 06:58:12 PM »

The Plot thickens... I've always seen people here complaining about the IGF selection process (Phubans included) and now the "MRA" started to look for dirt on it since Zoe Quinn is somehow involved with it.

Something like that was bound to happen.

ink.inc
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 07:02:34 PM »

One of them, an indie developer named Paul Hubans, has had all of his friends and contacts abandon him after questioning the legitimacy of the Indie Games Festival, and he is possibly blacklisted.

ha
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 07:11:35 AM »

He dug too deep.  The yulluminati got him. Waaagh!
ink.inc
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 08:54:33 AM »

ha

hahahahahahahhahahhahah
Ant
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »

o phil
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »

i dont understand anythign
OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:03 AM »

People are trying to make money out of hysteria.  Sad
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 07:19:41 PM »

... erm.. what the hell is Fish doing now?

from: https://twitter.com/MikeMcWhertor/status/507363622280892418

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »

honestly, if these guys hate igf so much why dont they just setup their own festival and curate it using their own criteria?

oh right, because that would be something constructive and take effort, whereas lobbing e-hate from the couch is soooo much easier.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2014, 10:06:16 PM »

honestly, if these guys hate igf so much why dont they just setup their own festival and curate it using their own criteria?
Yeah, and Anita should just go make her own video games instead of complaining about the ones that exist, right?

No, that would be silly. Everyone can and should criticize whatever products they want, without having to make something themselves. You don't have to be a cook to tell if something tastes like fertilizer.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic